- Collaborate closely with the Director of Supplier Quality to implement the supplier development strategy, with a strong focus on local suppliers within the Li-ION Battery industry.
- Identify potential local suppliers and assess their capabilities to ensure their alignment with PENA's quality standards and requirements.
- Lead supplier audits, assessments, and qualification processes, evaluating suppliers' quality systems, processes, and capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to develop action plans for continuous improvement, fostering a culture of quality excellence.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to supplier performance and improvement initiatives, presenting findings to the Director of Supplier Quality.
- Develop and deliver training programs to enhance local suppliers' understanding of our quality expectations and requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including materials lab technicians and incoming quality control teams, to ensure smooth integration of local suppliers into our supply chain.
- Implement root cause analysis and corrective action plans to address supplier-related quality issues and prevent their recurrence.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and records related to supplier development efforts, audits, and improvement plans.
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to supplier quality development.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality Management, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in supplier quality management, quality engineering, or related roles within manufacturing or the Li-ION Battery industry.
- Strong knowledge of supplier development principles, quality systems, and methodologies.
- Experience in conducting supplier audits, assessments, and qualification processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with suppliers and cross-functional teams.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to assess supplier capabilities and identify areas for improvement.
- Familiarity with quality standards, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Willingness to travel domestically and potentially internationally for supplier visits and audits.
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Knowledge of the Li-ION Battery industry and its specific quality requirements.
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs for supplier quality improvement.
- Previous experience working with local suppliers and fostering their development.
- Understanding of root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies.
- Alignment with Panasonic's core principles: contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude.
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or similar demonstrate a commitment to supplier quality development and improvement within the Li-ION Battery industry.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required