Leader for the Panasonic Technical Services global Technical Services Instruction team with a focus on ensuring the global maintenance organization and airline customer training are provided with industry-leading technical training. Responsible for all aspects of platform training delivery and maintains the qualification and certification program for instructor candidates, and processes associated with training delivery. Responsible for department performance objectives, training database, and new projects. Works with Manager to ensure internal and customer training schedule have adequate resources to support by forecasting, assessing requirements, and leveraging current and near term required capabilities.
- Develops and supervises a Technical Services Instruction team responsible for providing worldwide training within different regulatory constraints.
- Conducts classroom instruction for the assigned region.
- Reviews regional training assessments with other instructors.
- Adheres to and works to improve Repair Station Training Manuals, Repair Station Quality Control Manual, and other relevant documents.
- Designs and delivers platform/podium instruction, internal task analysis, eLearning storyboards and product documentation.
- Ensures standard and consistent training delivery among various instructors through recurrent and consistent evaluation and feedback.
- Performs preliminary analysis of student critique data for trend analysis.
- Maintains the student records, training certificate, instructor qualification and instructor evaluation database procedures and processes.
- Documents processes and procedures for department.
- Manages projects to improve and maintain a leading training program for the operations personnel.
- Coordinates and collaborates with cross departmental peers as required to develop new training courses.
- Ensures agreement on project statement of work, scope and milestones.
- Ensures instructor qualification requirements are met concurrent with new systems IAW Statement of Work delivery schedules and project plan.
- Provides project status updates during the production cycle to the project manager.
- Identifies resource conflicts, lead time impact, schedule impact and risk mitigation from production change requests.
- Works with Manager to schedule internal and customer training.
- Ensures on-time delivery of adequate equipment and training publications to PTS operational locations.
- Develops performance requirements among team to consistently work toward enhancing PTS’s training program for all stations.
- Recommends instructor resources to meet ILT training commitments as agreed upon in the Statement of Work for scheduling.
- Captures instructor and student change requests and initiates training material change requests.
- Represents Technical Services Instruction during audits by QA, airlines, and regulatory agencies.
- Reviews Quality Assurance process, and internal and customer training student critiques with instructors in order to assess areas of improvement.
- Maintains current assessment of industry and regulatory changes that affect the training of avionics and IFE specifically.
- Participates in industry symposiums and other opportunities to maintain awareness of industry best practices and changes to instructional methods.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and appraises direct reports. Train, motivate, and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Supervise team to foster team building and morale.
- Address performance issues in a timely manner and make recommendations for personnel actions to resolve.
- Manages administration of qualification, certification and evaluation of instructors.
- Maintains instructor schedules current and accurate.
- Working knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements.
- Working knowledge of aviation maintenance training and technical publications methods and standards.
- Technical knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems and related components.
- Ability to work in a Matrix organization and support multiple levels of management.
- Ability to effectively lead, coach, mentor, and develop a multi-functional team and effectively work with a staff of varying skill sets and roles.
- Able to work independently and cross-functionally to deliver training in support of production schedules.
- Proficient in persuasive oral and written communications.
- Proficient in Project Management methods in a production-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to manage assignments independently.
- Ability to communicate and experience with communicating with all levels of management.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain and leverage relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years minimum experience in a curriculum development/instructional design/technical writing in a corporate environment.
- 3 years minimum experience in formal aircraft IFE maintenance training or equivalent technical training environment preferred.
- Previous Lead or Supervisory experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g., CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), eLearning development methods, knowledge management systems, and Multimedia development.
- Ability to travel domestic/international up to 20% of time. Willingness to travel according to business needs and schedules.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America. #LI-SR2