Manages onsite TSR staff. Provides technical supervision of customers contracted MRO team. Accountable for achievement of standard Panasonic performance availability guarantees. The GCS/IFE Supervisor, Technical Services will also be expected to establish good and professional working relationships with Panasonic CSG and other Panasonic Support Team. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction and establishes strong customer relationships through daily operations and engineering reviews/meetings. The Supervisor, Technical Services Rep will be required to define adapted KPIs for his/her team and fleet system performance. Supports the team to consistently achieve the target. STSR works closely with all departments of the maintenance provider to enhance their practices and operational knowledge of our systems.
Aircraft/IFE/GCS Maintenance and Support
- Schedule site personnel to weekly shift patterns pursuant to the customer’s flight schedule and workload.
- Assists in troubleshooting and to resolve system problems. Liaise with and/or involve Panasonic Customer Support Engineers when systemic issues are concerned.
- Assist in the development of Preventative Maintenance programs. Exhibits strong knowledge of logs review to identify the root cause of the problem and proactively address it.
- Fully understand the interface between all service providers and provide guidance to maintenance staff when issues fall outside their remit (Panasonic MCC, Panasonic Repair Shops etc)
- Supports retrofit programs
- Support outstation troubleshooting if needed
- Develop and maintain GCS system performance reporting criteria and report to external customer stakeholders and Panasonic
- Interface between contracted MRO staff, Panasonic Product Safety Officer and Panasonic QA in all matters concerning air safety.
- Develop excellent working knowledge and use all engineering applications to disseminate technical/engineering issues throughout Panasonic.
- Support software and hardware upgrades and implementation of SB’s, AD’s.
- Communicate and interface with the customer
- Strong knowledge of Customer A/C type and configurations
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Support the introduction of SIL’s, TIL’s and Maintenance Memo’s and/or other Panasonic or contracted MRO documentation.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Provide timely reports to the management.
- Track and be up to date with all ongoing issues.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. EASA B1 and/or B2 with relevant Type ratings (station dependent) preferred.
- 3-5 years related industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in (aircraft) avionics, possibly with satellite communications.
- A good understanding of PC networks and configuration multiplexed or software-controlled systems with an interest in/knowledge of computer hardware.
- Intermediate knowledge of LINUX and UNIX an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Panasonic IFE and GCS systems (preferred).
- Familiarity with relevant station Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks for Airside access.
- Legal right to work in the United Arab Emirates through passport or Visas
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).