Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Supervises the control, coordination, and maintenance of PAC’s quality control inspection function and focus area to ensure that all items purchased, used and, products produced by the company and its suppliers conform to designated and approved engineering design, commercial agreements, and product specification requirements. Ensures that all quality control personnel are informed and trained on current inspection methods and quality control procedures, which directly affect inspection results/outcomes and/or their work product. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policy, procedures and applicable laws. Responsible for maintaining a clean, neat, and safe work environment.
- Supervises non-salaried employees in accordance with company policy, procedures and applicable laws; includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaint and resolving.
- Supervises and determines that all in plant inspection personnel are informed of the current methods and quality control procedures which directly affect their work; directs application of new and approved methods, equipment and operations, and makes recommendations to the Quality Manager.
- Supervises the inspection of receiving, processing, fabrication, assembly, tooling inspection, functional test, final acceptance, packaging and shipping inspection of products.
- Leads and directs the daily activities of the Quality Control Department providing leadership, mentoring, and supervision of personnel. Evaluates and develops employees through performance reviews, ongoing coaching and feedback methods.
- Maintain department staffing so that on a weekly average any particular inspection area does not have more than three (3) days’ worth of backlog.
- Leads and drives continuous improvements and change management within the Quality Control area to ensure a lean, fit and agile operation without compromising quality.
- Responsible for generating and releasing operational metrics and reporting to Exec Mgmt on a daily, weekly, monthly cycle to ensure fidelity of the operation.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring department expenses against an approved business plan including out of budget requests to support unplanned activities, purchase of necessary equipment, leasehold improvements, etc. to ensure the operation remains flexible in support of business requirements.
- Manage tracking of personnel work hours, PTO, and accommodation in order to staff accordingly to support business requirements.
INSPECTION RELATED ACTIVITIES:
- Reviews, audits, and monitors inspection practices aimed at effective control of quality, reduction of inspection time and cost.
- Monitor control of all QA issued inspection stamps, test and inspection equipment calibration.
- Performs other assignments as required.
ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN/TRAINING QUALITY PROCEDURES:
- Provide Quality Control Exec Mgmt input to company procedures that will establish the control of quality as an essential requisite in all phases of company activity.
- Coordinates with Quality Engineering to maintain company procedures and processes related to the quality control department.
- Develop new quality control systems and procedures as required to keep quality control department aware of changing technology and business environment.
- Generates and completes all required documentation to ensure compliance of Quality Systems.
MAINTAIN AND OVERSEE SAFETY MEASURES:
- Maintains a documented system of individual counsel for those employees involved in accidents and accurate accident investigation, reporting, and comprehensive corrective action.
ANALYSIS AND REPORTING
- Monitors and audits daily reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews data for performance trends, time study analysis, and efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Assists with developing new metrics/scorecards for an evolving department.
- Must have a working knowledge of ISO9000 and AS9100 specifications for non-conforming material (MRB) processes and have a working understanding of engineering standards, OEM specifications, quality inspection methods, manufacturing methods and special processes.
- Computer literate, proficient in software such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to resolve conflict, flexibility and adaptability, communication (written and oral), problem solving and analytical skills.
- High ability to problem-solve.
- Self-initiative and ability to independently work on assignments with minimal direction and assistance in a team environment.
- 2 year degree in related field and/ or 5 years’ experience as a (QE) Quality Engineer, or (ME) Manufacturing Engineer with related field experience in electrical/mechanical manufacturing processes.
- 2 year experience in a leadership role
- Proficient level of experience in MS Office suite including excel, project, word, access
- Experience in Oracle, Net Inspect or Quality type applications preferred
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Able to lift or move 25Lbs, when needed; Computer Typing, 50% sitting, 25% walking, 25% standing.
- May require some travel up to 5%.
*** Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.