Responsible for quality control of supplying Arrays, battery box and investigation of non-conforming material and communicating issues to Detroit and Japan team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Oversees and monitors the inspection and testing of materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to established quality standards.
- Establishes inspection protocols, defines sampling procedures, and determines equipment and mechanisms to be used in the testing process.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure that staff are working in compliance with internal policies and procedures and customer expectations.
- Communicates directly with the Japan and China Quality Teams to report and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Recommends changes in specifications of materials, parts, and products based on inspection results.
- May formulate and revise quality control policies and procedures.
- Working team member that may validate or coordinate the work of others on support team.
- Supervise quality engineers on site.
- Actively participate on keeping our IATF16949, IS018001 & ISO14001 certifications.
Investigation of non-conforming material
- Collects the Array Open Circuit Voltage (OCV) testing data, the battery box’s conditioning data, to investigate the presence of non-conforming material and confirm the status of failure. Gathers all other non-conformity related to the material in question. Communicates with Detroit Technical Center (TC) team and gather any other information, as instructed.
Communicates with Detroit and Japan team and gather the information. Informs it to Quality manager.
- Collects the OCV testing data, battery conditioning data, and confirm Handling of non-conforming and suspect material. As for the handling of non-conforming & suspect materials, follow instructions from Detroit TC.
- Assures the daily production activities and being performed safely following the safety rules and quality process documentation in order to prevent accidents and to get a confirming product to meet or exceed customer expectations.
Maintenance of the OCV testing equipment and conditioning equipment
- Works with Operations Manager in maintaining the OCV testing and conditioning equipment in order to meet the requirement of test condition for arrays and battery box.
Calibration of the OCV testing equipment and conditioning equipment and needed test measurement equipment
- Timely perform calibration of OCV testers and Conditioner equipment following established procedures
- Ensure test equipment are calibrated by certified ISO17025 test laboratory on a timely manner and keep record on the calibration certificates
Health & Safety Systems IS018001 & ISO14001
- Participates actively on internal audits for systems 18001 & 14001. Identifies hazards and work risks in the working area. Implements operative controls for the hazards and risks detected.
- Four-year college degree in quality related field and three (3) years of related quality experience; or five (5) years of related quality experience.
- Must possess good theoretical knowledge of problems/tasks required.
- Must possess broad understanding of various areas within main discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.