Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking an experienced Supervisor, Maintenance Services to join our growing team in Scandinavia (this position will be based in Oslo).
As a Supervisor, Maintenance Services you will supervise daily line station operations in the process of providing inspect and repair services on aircraft. Responsible for dispatching all overnight aircraft with guaranteed 100 percent seat functionality at departure. Since seat guarantees are an integral part of Panasonic Avionics Maintenance Services, the staffing and scheduling of site personnel and their functions are paramount to the success of the company.
- Schedule site personnel to weekly shift patterns pursuant to the customer’s flight schedule.
- Direct Inventory Control and local logistics of customer and Panasonic Avionics owned capital assets.
- Schedule preventive maintenance activities of systems installed on customer aircraft during over night holds; Office management of local site specific responsibilities which includes local port Authority personnel identification administration, Customs clearance and security seals, overtime, vehicle maintenance, office administration and cleanliness.
- External contacts include routine daily customer contacts at the Line Maintenance levels, local airport authorities including Customs, Air Freight forwarders and brokers for local logistics.
- Internal contacts include Maintenance Services Personnel, Maintenance Services Administration Staff, H.R. and other Panasonic Avionics departments as required to execute the Maintenance Service agreements specific to the site.
- May also perform onboard maintenance activities and fill-in for absent employees.
Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
Your skills/ qualifications:
- Background in Aircraft Line Maintenance ideally with IFE experience
- Must have significant lead/ supervisory experience.
- Good communication skills
- Must have EASA A/ B1 Licence and/or EASA B2 Licence
- Ability to solve problems
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Travel up to 20% of the time to both domestic and international locations.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.