Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Oversee a team of Field Engineers who represent Panasonic Avionics Corporation in all technical aspects of the PAC IFE Systems. Respond to all airline issues related to operation and maintenance of PAC IFE Systems. Provide technical guidance and assistance to Field Engineers in troubleshooting and resolving system and interface problems in the field. Serve as escalation point for critical operational issues.
- Investigate and resolve system operation and/or maintenance issues. Includes identifying the size and scope of the problem, reporting and implementing recovery plan. Work closely with Product Support Engineers and other groups as necessary to ensure timely and accurate corrective action is achieved. Provide technical guidance and assistance to customers in troubleshooting and resolving system and interface problems.
- Manage team of Field Engineers for assigned customers. Provide vacation scheduling and approval, travel coordination and approval, direction for daily activities and setting investigation priorities. Make hiring, discipline and termination decisions. Write and deliver performance reviews to Field Engineers.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of PAC products including Test Sets and associated equipment.
- Review customer mechanical and electrical installation documentation to verify PAC specifications are met. Work with Training Department to conduct operational, line and maintenance training for PAC customers.
- Provide Operational and Technical information and instruction to assigned customers upon release of new products, enhancements or modifications.
- Evaluate LRU testing/certification requirements. Provide feedback to Product Support Engineering group to amend applicable calibration and acceptance test procedures.
- Consolidate and evaluate feedback from Customer repair shops, line personnel and operators. Monitor failure trends and possible quality or reliability problems. Communicate findings with Product Reliability Engineers to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Work closely with Airline's technical departments, mechanics and management by providing timely and accurate data, reports and feedback.
- Collect data required by Product Support Engineering to evaluate problem areas within the system software. Consult and advise other PAC departments of technical and non-technical problems and issues, as well as provide detailed summary reports of multiple customers' issues to the Field Engineering Manager.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years' Technical background in multiplexed audio/video and software controlled systems or;
- 4 years' experience as a Field Engineer or Product Engineer.
- Additional experience in Avionics Design or Maintenance is a plus.
- Expert working knowledge of aircraft systems that interface with PAC equipment.
- Extensive Linux/Unix experience with command line and networking and/or programming.
- Experience as a user in MySQL, XML and/or other database driven systems.
- Ability to carefully manage timelines, tasks, reporting and coordinate work across multiple departments.
- Proficient using MS Office suite of products and Oracle.
- Advanced Network Software and Hardware experience or qualification.
- Consistently exhibit professionalism in order to enhance our customer's perception of the Company.
- Understand Recommended Spares requirements and review Recommended Spare Parts Lists (RSPLs) for Marketing Business Proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and carry out responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner.
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Able to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Work on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to travel, up to 50% to both domestic and international locations.
- Ability and willingness to provide weekend and after hours support as required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.