Leads, manages, and coordinates the tactical forecasting, sales and operations planning processes for the company. Facilitates, communicates and supports sales personnel, business unit managers, factory, customer requirements, and accounting. Provides guidance and support to the demand planners.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develops a statistical demand forecast through the use of SAP APO Demand Planning.
- Facilitates the development of consensus forecast between Sales and MRP, using statistical forecasts, sales team forecasts and trade data as inputs.
- Develops and adjusts the demand forecasts for new, seasonal and continuing products with our brand.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvements for the forecasting process.
- Adjusts and refines forecasting statistical algorithms to improve forecast accuracy.
- Determines leading indicators of demand and develop a strong understanding and explanation of causal factors.
- Establishes steps and information needed with Sales & MRP to resolve data discrepancies and other data issues.
- Processes bi-weekly system tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides support for business proposal activity related to area of responsibility.
- Develops new procedures to improve the capability of the business and its alignment globally.
- Trains, deploys new processes globally and interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Advises appropriate management of problems and progress in area of responsibility.
- Provides senior level business analysis support and reports for decision-making, including assessment of business level forecasts short to medium term (0 – 18 months).
- Supports junior level personnel in conducting their roles and responsibilities.
- High school diploma, six (6) years related experience; or two (2) years college in a related field, five (5) years related experience; or BS/BA Degree in a related field, four (4) years related experience.
- Experience must include two years developing demand forecasts
- Strong familiarity with automotive and/or related manufacturing
- Experience with SAP APO Demand Planning or similar forecasting software is required
- Ability to use analytical and statistic models to analyze demand and prepare forecast, preferably in SAP APO demand planning
- Strong aptitude for analytical and statically thinking (ability to create forecasts by using both qualitative and quantitative information)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Windows based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.