Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
Plan and coordinate the day-to-day work activities of Repair Technicians to maximize the efficiency of the repair workforce, minimize delays, meet regulatory requirements, and continually achieve the production goals of the Repair Shop. Hire, train, supervise and appraise direct reports. Perform failure analysis and successfully interact with Engineering Department to provide feedback on the product quality. Plan and coordinate the day-to-day work activities of Repair Technicians to maximize the efficiency of the repair workforce, minimize delays, meet regulatory requirements, and continually achieve the production goals of the Repair Shop. Hire, train, supervise and appraise direct reports. Perform failure analysis and successfully interact with Engineering Department to provide feedback on the product quality.
- Train guide and direct problem solving with engineers and technicians
- Analyze failure mode of products in both Software and Hardware levels and provide feedback to the Engineering Department for the product improvement.
- Review design / engineering change documents. Evaluate test procedures, measurement points, tooling and equipment requirement to ensure repair capability is maintained.Maintain and
- Develop test equipment / jigs to improve failure analysis accuracy and productivities.
- Manage measuring equipment and ensure they are calibrated in accordance with the requirements set forth by Civil Aviation Authorities.
- Assign work to technicians and supervise production schedules to ensure the shop turn-around-time is reached.
- Support manager in performance evaluations and employee advancement reviews.
- Develop, guide and supervise employees and their career development.
- High degree of understanding of aircraft terms and design requirements.
- Proven technical leadership of small to medium sized technical terms.
- General knowledge of RF components and test equipment.
- Proven ability to accurately forecast, plan and distribute workload to ensure production target is met.
- Proficient ability to conduct research in technical matter using engineering analysis tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Ability to convey technical information as well as interface with internal and external customers.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel for any technical or administrative matters.
- BSEE, physics, computer science or equivalent related technical degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience in hardware design, sustaining, or technical development area.
- Analysis and application of appropriate EMI / Signal Integrity controls.
- Timing analysis and signal integrity analysis.
- Expertise in troubleshooting integrated aeronautical electronic components.
- Configuration Management, automation and Scripting experience.
- General hands-on soldering experience.
- Ability to travel, up to 10% to both domestic and international locations.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull more up to 40 pounds.
***Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.