Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Company focal in Supplier Subcontract Management and Procurement. Serves as a resource to supply base, and programs, including top management in significant matters relating to subcontract agreements. Responsible for the strategic and tactical management of commercial subcontract agreements. Negotiate and administer subcontract agreements that establish or renew business relationships with suppliers and/or consultants.
- Review, create and process subcontract agreements for procurement opportunities and ensure compliance with corporate policies and business procedures.
- Creates, negotiates and incorporates contract amendments, renegotiating the subcontract agreement, if required, to accommodate scope changes or changes in organization requirements.
- Assist with recommendations for negotiation strategy on complex contractual issues.
- Leads all negotiations with assigned suppliers and may participate in other negotiations.
- Maintain integrity of contractual agreements by knowledgeable application and incorporation of special terms and conditions into individual contract types.
- Support Director with some department administrative activities
Provide Counsel to Key Stakeholders
- Comply with ethical business conduct requirements and protect the confidentiality of PAC, supplier, and customer proprietary data by adhering to applicable policies and procedures.
- Support Strategic Supplier Partners with proposal preparation and management. Analyzes results of RFP and makes recommendations to support PAC’s business strategy. Identifies areas of contractual risk and leads efforts to mitigate risk wherever possible.
- Provide contractual guidance to Strategic Supplier Partners, various internal functional departments and management.
- Collaboration with Strategic Supplier Partners to ensure they remain up to date with the latest contract documents, policies and processes.
- Acts as liaison/consultant with internal customers on all matters affecting subcontract agreements.
- Knowledge of contractual language, the capacity to apply concepts across a variety of agreements and the ability to work on complex subcontract agreements.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written correspondence with Suppliers, Executive Management, etc.
- Works independently on complex business issues requiring development of solution. Interprets policies, procedures and practices and is responsible for enforcing policies internally as well in Subcontractor relationships.
- Ability to work well under constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software applications.
- Prefer a 4-year or advanced college degree or equivalent experience in Contracts, Purchasing and/or business fields.
- 8 years of experience demonstrating proficiency in a broad range of functional assignments in contracts,purchasing and/or business fields.
- Experience in IFE or avionics preferred.
- International and domestic travel required, up to 15 percent.
*** Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.