Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The position:Primarily responsible for the analysis, design, and qualification of Panasonic’s LRUs from the standpoints of Structural integrity to meet customer requirements
- Perform structural dynamic impact, vibration, and random fatigue analysis of the relevant field (structural / dynamic impact) on electronic assemblies (LRUs for In-Flight Entertainment) by utilizing classical hand calculations and numerical modeling and simulation techniques
- Perform board level (PCB) as well as LRU level structural analysis on the said assemblies using strength of material, advanced vibration, and thermo-mechanical theories and computer simulations using Explicit and Implicit FEA
- Provide direction to mechanical and electrical designers early on into the project (before PCB or sheet metal fabrication) to minimize/eradicate thermal and structural related design issues
- Attend preliminary and critical design reviews to ensure structural suggestions were implemented properly. Verify nothing has changed in design to invalidate past findings
- Collaborate with test engineer/technicians to define the test setup and perform qualification
- Environmental testing according to IFE specifications including vibration, shock, humidity, etc. and verify the experimental data with simulation results.
- Generate presentations and analysis reports for internal customers with emphasis on design issues and proposed fixes while meeting tight schedules and strict cost targets
- Contribute with your analysis findings to the update of analysis procedures and best practices
- Requires good analytical skills and thorough understanding of the related structural and numerical modeling discipline (Strength of Material, Structural Dynamics and Vibration Fundamentals, Dynamic Impact FEA) through graduate coursework and/or work experience
- Experience with structural analysis using FEA software - LS-Dyna, Altair HyperWorks, OptiStruct and ANSYS Mechanical/Workbench preferred
- Ability of using CAD software
- Skillful in determining and develop requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches
- Skillful in developing and implementing analysis and test methods/procedures under the supervision of Management
- Exemplary technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to internal customers
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact within the team and outside the team
- Strong organizational skills to be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Understanding mechanical properties of different types of materials, for example Metals, Glass, Plastics, Polymers and Adhesives
- Should be able to design and construct test fixtures to validate simulation results
- MSc. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 6 years of experience in areas such as avionics, aerospace, automotive electronics packaging, full scale sled test, computer/laptop/monitor/tablet design, applied mechanics, strength of materials and machine design
- Minimum 3 to 6 years of FEA experience
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.