ITC Global requires an experienced EMEA Strategic Supplier Partner/Buyer based in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Company functional advocate in Supplier Management and Procurement. Serves as a supporting and reporting role to the Manager, Strategic Supplier Partners. Performs as a consultant to top management in significant matters relating to key supplier performance initiatives. Identifies relevant supplier industry trends, supplier capacity restraints and alternative supplier resources in support of projects. Serves as a critical resource to both supply base and program management teams. Provides regional support on developing and implementing critical global strategic supplier and commodity activities. Leads strategic negotiations to align with the ITC Global business plan, commercial terms, and best practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Assist the Manager, Strategic Supplier Partners with providing appropriate support and counsel to Key Stakeholders on:
- Protecting the company’s competitive cost position by developing procurement plans; evaluating third party supplier proposals; negotiating the lowest technically acceptable price, schedules, and terms and conditions with qualified third-party suppliers; and committing the company by contractual agreements with approved third-party suppliers.
- Assist in the management of the complete bid, evaluate, and award cycle and have a clear understanding of the company Global Supply Chain Standard.
- Coordinating and preparing all bid packages, requests for information (RFI), request for proposals (RFPs), request for quotations (RFQs), and all other official procurement documents to third party suppliers as needed.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of qualified bidders lists for each commodity.
- Coordinating ERP system updates with relevant changes to third party pricing and agreement terms and conditions. This activity pertains to maintaining an update of the BOM/Kit pricing models in company ERP system.
- Ensure technical and commercial discussions with third party suppliers take place in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assist in executing and properly distributing fully negotiated agreements (i.e., Purchase Orders, etc.) in compliance with established Master Service Agreement or Company standard terms and conditions on projects as required.
- Ensure supplier performance is maintained by monitoring cost, quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate corrective actions to resolve problems; and mediating conflicts with customers and suppliers as needed or required.
- Collaborate with project management, sales engineering, and any other internal departments required on capturing the complete scopes of work, appropriate strategies, and schedule requirements for procuring goods and services on current and future projects.
- Develop action plans to remedy corrective actions, as well as focus on the consistent delivery of successful procurement and supply chain project activities.
- Maintain adequate records enabling control of the procurement and supply chain process up to and including delivery to the warehouse and the end customer.
Strategic Supplier Management & Supporting Activities
- Improve internal visibility by analyzing supplier progress, identifying problem areas, initiating corrective actions, and follow-up activities in reporting activities to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrate the effective management of procurement efforts by coordinating commercially relevant activities of other disciplines as required by demonstrating advanced problem solving, analysis, and decision-making skills.
- Contribute to the organization’s overall effectiveness by supporting the total procurement and supply chain effort; including but not limited to such tasks as PO placement, supplier expedite inquiries, invoice reconciliations, and/or other administrative tasks required to support the Global Supply Chain process.
- Possess strong cross organizational leadership skills.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Strategic Supplier Partners.
- Proficient in the English language, with good oral, written, and interpersonal skills able to effectively communicate through verbal and written correspondence with key third party suppliers and Executive Management, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software applications.
- Basic understanding of ERP systems logic and other procurement administration tools.
- Basic understanding of current local laws and regulations having impact on procurement and supply chain activities (i.e., Sarbanes-Oxley, Uniform Commercial Code, INCOTERMS, etc.)
- Basic understanding of complying with established approval authority guidelines and matrices.
- Basic understanding of complying with and supporting a global supplier pre-qualification, evaluation, and performance appraisal process.
- Works independently with little direct daily supervision on complex procurement related business issues requiring the development of workable solutions while under pressure.
- Exercises sound commercial judgement for routine matters, while delivering results and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Upholds established ITC Global Supply Chain policies, procedures and practices and is responsible for enforcing such policies internally as well in all third-party supplier and subcontractor relationships.
- Ability to balance and manage competing high priority work demands, adapt to changing circumstances/priorities.
- Exhibit ethical behavior, confidentiality, and maintain the ITC Global core values.
- Excellent leadership and cooperation skills, including the ability to build strong working relationships that foster teamwork with people of various cultures and nationalities.
- Basic understanding of the strategic sourcing process for the procurement of both goods and services.
- Basic understanding of total cost of ownership (TCO) principles.
- Basic understanding of contracting issues such as requirements for contract formation, confidentiality/nondisclosure agreements, contract performance, insurance requirements, limits on liability, indemnification, pricing negotiations, payment terms, warranties and guarantees, risk management, etc.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve terms and conditions negotiations in a timely manner.
- Support the continuous improvement, value proposition, and positive reputation of the procurement and supply chain function within ITC Global.
- Support the development, maintenance, and adherence of established procurement and supply chain key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Prefer a 4-year or advanced college degree in Business, SCM, Logistics, or equivalent experience in Purchasing and/or business fields.
- Professional Certification (ex. CPM, CPSM, MCIPS, CSCP, CSCM, etc.) a plus.
- 7+ years of experience demonstrating proficiency in a broad range of procurement or supply chain functional assignments on projects of various sizes and scope.
Experience in the offshore or global communications industry preferred.