Panasonic – Strategic Sr. Business Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
A Product Line Manager is responsible for the profit and loss of a portfolio of products, services, and solutions, and manages all business aspects of the constituent product line which is in this instance the IIoTS group’s material flow solution portfolio. This leadership role will have a direct staff of 2 – 3 senior product line strategy managers in the next 2 – 3 year and must negotiate with and help direct efforts from most major IIoTS groups including R&D Software, R&D Hardware, Sales, and Marketing.
Logiscend Product Line Roadmaps and Planning:
- Establishing the vision, business, and strategic planning of the Logiscend Material Flow Solution product line which is forecast to produce $100M in revenue in ~5-6 years
- Planning all roadmaps and business cases for the Logiscend Material Flow solution as a whole. The solution is made up of many individual products including hardware (IIoTS tags, access points, and accessories/sensors), software (servers and client tools), services (installation, engineering customizations), and 3rd Party products – each of which must be included in the planning to produce an integrated, cohesive product line meeting large capital good manufacturing material flow requirements.
- Additionally, the PLM shall plan the integration of existing Panasonic products from IDBU including sensors, PLCS, and laser markers into the Logiscend solution.Producing critical documents supporting the IIoTS commercialization process, including “Market Requirements Documents”, “Competitive Analysis”, “Pricing”, and similar required documents.
Business Case Development and Pricing:
- Developing P&L forecasts and other financial tools to measure profitability and budgets for proposed expansions to the Logiscend solution as well as individual hardware and software products comprising the solution.
- Establishing pricing targets and negotiation boundaries for sales, balancing customer ROI, competitive pressures, and the gross margin goals of the IIoTS group.
- Planning and managing individual product end-of-life and product generation upgrades in the market: inventory management, consistent pricing/ROI delivery, market timing, etc.
- Developing competitive analysis of the Logiscend product line and its component hardware and software elements, including surveys of relevant competitors, SWOT analysis, and specific countermeasures required.
- Market segmentation and customer targeting for Logiscend products
- Creating a Market needs analysis and establishing customer ROI targets for Logiscend solutions
Logiscend Product Line Management, Leadership, and Promotion:
- Tracking actuals vs forecast in the business cases previously developed: development budgets/schedules, sales achievement, pricing, gross margin, etc.
- Meeting with Sales Company and IIoTS Sales and Marketing management and staff to promote, training, and obtain market feedback regarding the Logiscend product line.
- Meeting with potential and actual Logiscend manufacturing customers to promote and investigate product performance, fit, ROI, and future expectations from true customer installations.
- Meeting with and coordinating the activities of IIoTs department managers to building cohesive plans for products from conception through development and launch.
- Sales forecasting and inventory management, ensuring that the supply chain is well matched to demand.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Experience in IoT technologies and precursors (e.g. RFID, software systems, etc.
- Experience in Automotive or other large capital goods Manufacturing or Industrial Logistics firms is favored.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a preference for a Masters or PhD in Engineering or Manufacturing fields.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to support direct and trusted interactions with senior management in customer organizations as well as participation in the IIoTS leadership team.
- A passion for the customer with a strong commitment to offer solutions to their problems.
- Sufficient industry experience and technical background to understand critical issues facing on-demand manufacturing today and to propose innovative and unique solutions to these issues with modern Industrial IoT software and hardware technologies.
- Strong business planning skills (sophisticated P&L planning, Net Present Value analysis, and similar skills) married with a solid and broad understand of the IIoT technology frontier and market to translate need into product.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across internal and external functional teams.
- Sufficient business experience and seniority to speak to top-level customer representatives, engendering a trusting and consultative relationship.
- Foreign language capability and experience working internationally an asset is a positive but not required.
- Experience delivering proposals seeking top management approval and/or funding is critical.
- Business Travel may be required up to 25%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.