Panasonic – Vendor Product Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- The 3rd Party Solutions Manager role requires a passionate individual with strong work ethic, verbal and written communication skills and a high value on team collaboration to mutual accomplish goal and objectives.
- Day-to-day activities include, vendor relationship management, recruiting of new partners, managing and tracking GP, product promotion planning, marketing communication, life-cycle management, SKU and price management, alternative inventory management for hardware, competitive analysis, product training and education, and sales/partner support.
- Day-to-day Project management on 3rd Party products which sales group will request. Managing the schedule/timeline until ready for sales and conducting regular internal meetings with PSSNA related departments to make the new business happen in a timely manner.
- Planning activities to expand the category, which includes quarterly partner events, quarterly business reviews, market research, product & solution requirement documentation and business case development for strategic alignment with market demand and customer satisfaction. Making the report for verifying the new business and taking the business approval process at management meeting (EM3) on a monthly basis. Creating a quarterly review report, progress of the new business (result vs. target), partner performance, promotion success, and work with sales teams to identify what solutions are critical to segment growth and market expansion.
- The role is also responsible to be the main business contact for business review of all Customer Proposals, LOI, Alliance Agreements and Contracts, working directly with Sales, Service & Engineering, Finance and PNA Legal.
- Legal Agreement Development and Review
- Work closely with all key stakeholders to meet the unique needs of each customer situation ensuring Panasonic risk and business model is appropriate
- Work internally to negotiate terms and conditions, acting as PSSNA Mobility primary point of contact for any agreements
- Develop and execute an efficient collaborative process with PNA legal to ensure timely turnaround on all legal agreements
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in Business or a related field required
- 5 Years or more with a rugged mobility company and experience in Product Management, Sales Engineering, Business Development or a related role.
- Experience and knowledge of the Product Development process and common practice techniques beneficial.
- Experience interpreting and analyzing complex legal agreements from a business perspective with experience negotiating agreements with external partner companies.
- Proven relationship management skills with success in launching programs that result in growth in a market segment.
- Must demonstrate an expert level of decision-making capabilities, an aptitude for problem solving and strong inter-personal skills.
- 5 years’ experience in the rugged space and in-depth knowledge of the B2B market place, industry partners and competitors.
- Technical hardware/software background with the ability to communicate with Engineering and Product planning teams and translate complex concepts into product requirements and marketing terms.
- Proven experience in business case development, market analysis and providing product direction.
- Proven success in launching product and growth in a market segment.
- Experience negotiating agreements with external partner companies.
- Must demonstrate an expert level of decision-making capabilities, an aptitude for problem solving and strong inter-personal skills
- Travel for business-related activities is 25%.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.