Since 1906, Hussmann International, Inc. has been helping retailers preserve and display fresh foods. Today, Hussmann is a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers throughout the world.
Hussmann serves a wide variety of customers involved in the global cold chain. These include supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and foodservice establishments.
- Read and understand detailed plans and submittals as related to specific installations of refrigeration equipment and building automation systems.
- Provide installation or instruct others on control wiring, power wiring and electrical components as required per the project drawings.
- Able to understand and complete the vacuum process to achieve industries standards or customer requirements.
- Provide final termination of all control wiring as necessary.
- Ability to do overhead layout and run line sets, case lineup, pipe and layout drains, demo walk-in, install new, hang, pipe, drain evaporator coils, pressurize, pull vacuums and pump down rack, add system to rack and perform oil changes, and efficiently troubleshoot supermarket refrigeration equipment.
- Provide installation of controls as necessary to ensure complete operation of newly installed and existing equipment and building automation systems.
- Complete necessary documents (time sheets) in a thorough, accurate and timely manner to complete necessary customer paperwork for invoicing requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management, refrigerant leak systems and refrigeration load requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Performs start-up and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment and systems. Checks newly installed equipment for operation I/A/W engineering or factory specifications. Ensures all components and systems are installed per applicable city and trade code. Works directly with other subcontractors or vendors to insure proper operation of equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance and direction.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School OR Ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred level: Technical Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 10 year of exp with HS/GED
- EPA 608 Level III Certification required.
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Strong customer focus skills.
- Strong project management skills and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions, learn quickly, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment. Work effectively in diverse team environment.
- Ability to work both individually and Lead a team with minimum supervision.