Responsible for designing, defining, and implementing system requirements for complex customer systems and/or preparing studies and analyzing for existing systems and/or lead a team for system evaluation. Works on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for system/software compatibility.
- Responsible for the definition, design and integration of new and/or existing system including systems modeling, experimentation data analysis, and system testing
- Creates and maintain of the Change Request Authorization and the Product Definition Document.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Responsible for system level evaluation and testing for systems compliance.
- May assist in managing the customer's specific release processes throughout the entire development cycle of each specific product.
- Coordinates and project manages upgrades and network migrations.
- Communicates customer program timing requirements and completion of program milestones to management and engineering lead. Ensures that all program steps comply with established customer program processes.
- Provides on-site engineering support and participants in cross functional communication effort as it relates to identifying and resolving and/or escalating issues.
- Prepares records, charts, graphs, and other statistical information in the testing documentation process.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of customer facing, electrical, mechanical, software or systems design experience in electronic products.; or a minimum of fifteen (15) years of customer facing, electrical, mechanical, software or systems design experience in electronic products.
- Related experience must include two or more of the following:
- Product design for embedded systems or features (e.g. VR, Nav, apps, etc.)
- Systems/Software architecture design for Android or AGL (Automotive Grade Linux) based IVI (In Vehicle Infotainment) systems
- Connected Services / Telematics / WiFi / Bluetooth
- Human Factors (HF) / Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- V2x (Vehicle to Everything) / ADAS / Computer Vision
- Functional Safety
- Audio / Sound Quality (Speakers / Amplifiers)
- Cloud Computing and Virtual Services as related to Automotive systems
- Other automotive specific systems engineering experience
- Must possess good understanding of general functions of the system components.
- Proficiency with Windows environment and Microsoft Office suite as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.