Responsible for defining system architecture and requirements for complex Connected Vehicle Electronics systems including preparing technology and feasibility studies. Works across business and product development phases, providing an achievable solution within defined procedures/practices, design parameters and timing requirements.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Designs system level architectures that include best practices and aligns with industry trends.
- Keeps abreast of key customer technology road map, architecture, feature sets, and identifies disruptive technologies.
- Works on a diverse scope requiring opportunity investigation, detailed analysis and problem solving.
- Defines Proof of Concept (POC) platforms and provides ability to test and demonstrate new technologies.
- Supports business pursuit activities by identifying business opportunities, supporting RFI/RFQ process, and representing the company technically in front of the customer.
- Leads the development of Systems Architecture by supporting HW and SW Block diagram definition.
- Identifies systems KPI and drive architecture decisions to meet those KPI requirements.
- Responsible for system level evaluation and determining compliance to specification.
- Understands design impacts and risks of change requests or feature additions and makes recommendations & decisions to improve overall system performance.
- Identifies potential quality and manufacturing issues, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies and develops and recommends corrective actions to design team.
- Ensures the proper flow of engineering and customer information within and between the customer and all Panasonic engineering teams.
- Participates in the customer's on-site meetings when customer's operation group conducts technical reviews of performance and/or other concerns.
- May perform project management duties or assist in managing the customer's specific release processes throughout the entire development cycle of each specific product.
- Promotes efforts to acquire additional business from the customer including recommendations for future products and designs by providing solutions through designated channels.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of customer facing, electrical, mechanical, software or systems design experience in electronic products or a minimum of fifteen (15) years of customer facing, electrical, mechanical, software or systems design experience in electronics products
- At least 5 years of automotive specific systems engineering experience
- Product design for embedded systems (e.g. VR, Nav, apps, etc.). Automotive experience preferred
- System Modelling (SysML and/or UML preferred)
- Experience developing platform architectures and product variant management strategie
- Human Factors (HF) / Human Machine Interface (HMI) (desired
- Knowledge of structured problem solving techniques (i.e. 5Why, 8D, RCA, etc.)
- Systems/Software architecture design for Android and/or AGL (Automotive Grade Linux) based IVI (In Vehicle Infotainment) system
- Connected Services / Telematics / WiFi / Bluetoot
- Audio / Sound Quality (Speakers / Amplifiers
- V2x (Vehicle to Everything) / ADAS / Computer Visio
- Functional Safety Systems (ISO 26262 ASIL experience preferred)
- Cybersecurity Architecture and Development (Embedded Preferred
- Cloud Computing and Virtual Services as related to Automotive system
- Proficiency with Windows environment and Microsoft Office suite as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.