Responsible for assuring that our security solutions are successfully integrated into the product, on time with high quality to the customer. Provides direction to organization as related to security. Utilizes strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to both internal and external customers. Oversee security testing work and be primary resource responsible for ensuring application security testing is thoroughly conducted.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Performs security assessments of company products that may include vulnerability and risk assessments, threat analysis, and security code reviews to identify potential design and implementation vulnerabilities.
- Works with global software development teams/external consultants in the design and development of product security features including systems, applications and/or solutions.
- Integrates new security features and updates into existing products and ensures the security of all products is maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
- Provides product security engineering recommendations and resolves integration and testing issues.
- Builds a standardized set of security product requirements and produces metrics to report performance against those requirements. Reviews and defines security diagnostics and tools to facilitate the analysis and reporting of security events.
- Detects and mitigates security risks, responds to product security incidents, and works with customers regarding product security related issues.
- Leads security architecture and design review meetings between PASA, suppliers, and PASA’s customer and to track project status.
- Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure it meets the acceptance criteria.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Follows technical domain lead’s design direction for implementation, and applies best practices.
- Serves a mentor for junior level associates.
- Performs technical strategic planning to assist in continuous growth efforts of the PASA security team.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience; or a minimum of fifteen (15) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products.
- Minimum three (3) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Proficient with C, C++, Python
- Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment.
- Must have experience in design and implementation of embedded security applications.
- Experience integrating or developing one or more of the following or equivalent security solutions: Public Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS), cryptographic hash functions like SHA-1 or MD5, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Key management, securing attack surfaces, or defining and assessing threat models.
- Working knowledge of high-end embedded RTOS’s such as Linux, Android, etc.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
- Experience with Threat Assessments
- Experience with SE Linux policies
- Working knowledge of Android
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.