Responsible for assuring that our product architecture meets the core architecture, as well as the customer’s product functional architecture requirements. Provides direction to both on-shore and off-shore development teams to design and implement new features to be architecturally compliant. Supports the product line engineering architects.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Works with global software development teams to assist in the design and implementation of new features, debug defects and write test cases for unit testing.
- Works with suppliers to analyze requirements and develop interfaces to other modules.
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between PASA, suppliers, and PASA’s customers for design reviews and to track project status.
- Leads a small team of technical specialists to measure and improve product software performance and stability.
- Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure they meet acceptance criteria.
- Coordinates software development activities with other engineering disciplines including but not limited to hardware, mechanical, advanced manufacturing, and project leadership.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Ensures best practices are followed.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience with full life cycle embedded software development in electronics.
- Minimum three (3) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming
- Proficient with C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
- Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment.
- Experience defining product architectures using formal design methods such as state machine models, sequence diagrams, UML modeling tools, or equivalent.
- Experience in optimizing system performance for start-up time, user interface response time, and system and feature stability. Must have experience analyzing designs & source code to recommend improvements.
- Hands-on experience developing with high-end embedded RTOS’s such as QNX, Linux, Android, etc.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.