Provides direction in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of software components and systems. Instructs and provides technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process. Defines the technological vision, drives technology strategy and influences business partners and leaders on strategic direction.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Provides technical software architecture and design guidelines, works closely with peers on design strategies and leads technical discussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams or complex product line.
- Develops coding core competence in C/C++ and/or Java.
- Develops prototype simulating the development process from conception to implementation.
- Develops reusable modules, platforms and participates in design reviews, in effort to create software platform architecture for future products implementation.
- Participates in industry forums, understands/stays abreast of current and future technology trends to build the latest automotive products.
- Delivers platform/core modules and integration of system for current and future customers.
- Provides training and mentoring to a team of software engineers.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEAM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Art; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience with full life cycle software development spanning embedded and application development.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Software Architect/Design.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience leading and/or directing staff.
- Five (5+) years of experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment.
- System level design work and solving complex problems independently.
- Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, etc.).
- Experience with Embedded Software, Linux shell, RTOS, Android, Linux kernel, SoC.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Previous automotive experience (Preferred).
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.