Lead the design, development, modification, and evaluation of mechanical hardware components and systems for products including, but not limited to, head up displays. Responsible for mechanical design of plastics, stampings and castings including knowledge of part fabrication processes.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Lead mechanical system/component design in support of Panasonic head up display platforms applying global strategies to accommodate North American market.
- Collaborate with systems, electronics, optical, and software engineering to achieve required technical feasibility of designs.
- Review customer specifications, prepare part cost and effort estimates for new product developments.
- Use CAD and CAE software to design and simulate mechanical components and systems to ensure the integrity of the designs at multiple stages in the development cycle.
- Prepare simulation reports, mechanical drawings, product and system related specifications, and Bills of Material (BOM).
- Work with suppliers to negotiate design details related to part manufacturing processes.
- Build and evaluate prototype products and systems.
- Identify potential build or manufacturing feasibility issues and engage appropriate members of the team to ensure resolution.
- Plan, develop, and conduct experimentation using prototypes and test related to product development.
- Generate and analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Support DV, PV, production development and launch of mechanical systems and components for automotive customer.
- Interface with Panasonic engineers locally and globally to ensure robust mechanical designs.
- Interface with OEM customer to participate in design reviews to ensure objectives are met and to identify and resolve implementation issues.
- Interface with international partners including, but not limited to, teams located in Japan, China, and Germany.
- Maintain awareness of current industry innovations in both product and automotive design.
- Participate in development of design process procedures.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Four-year College Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s degree preferred) and a minimum of five (5) years mechanical design experience in electronics and/or optical products applying plastic injection molding, metal stamping and/or metal molding concepts.
- Experience to include five (5) years of experience in a high-volume electronic module manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Thermal CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) analysis, preferred with ANSYS IcePak for electronics packing.
- Prior design experience in plastics, stampings and castings including knowledge of part fabrication process required.
- NX or Catia 3-D CAD experience required.
- Stack-Up Tolerance experience with assemblies required.
- Must possess good understanding of GD&T
- Working knowledge in the following areas: FEA (Finite Element Analysis), Kinematics, Lighting/Illumination, 8D (Eight Discipline Problem Solving Model), DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), ISIR Evaluation (Initial Sample Inspection Report)
- Experience in automotive product design preferred.
- Experience with system level design work and solving complex problems independently.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.