Participates in a team environment under the instruction and direction of SSQ manager to assist in Test Infrastructure (tools and automation) design and development operations.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Project Management Responsibilities
- Lead and manage end-to-end tool and infrastructure development activities for Software system testing.
- Provide technical leadership to the organization and development team for the successful implementation and deployment of test infrastructure.
- Contribute significantly to tools roadmaps, estimation, planning, identification of risks and issues, development status. Staying current on technology trends and investigate, validate and recommend alternate solutions.
- Recognize need and problems and propose optimized recommendations and technical solutions
- Analyze metrics to determine areas of improvement in the test infrastructure process, policies and procedures
- Escalate issues appropriately that will have a negative impact to the success of a project
- Responsible for test infrastructure strategy, Test tools, setup and Automation design, development, execution and deployment for a project timely manner.
- Lead and participate system review of test requirements, strategy and develop support plan in compliance with standard process defined.
- Identify and propose test tools (software and/or hardware) related to system level automation testing
- Ensure adherence to the best practices of Tools and software development processes
Execution and Delivery Responsibilities
- Responsible for test infrastructure deployment and maintenance of labs. Test benches and assets.
- Coordinate and assists in building test setup, hardware and wire harnesses by utilizing knowledge of layout and assembly of system level test equipment
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and recommending 3rd party solution test setup and infrastructure solution.
- Ensure all infrastructure project development and execution are traceable to requirements and implemented as per expectation through development tools like RQM, RTC, DNG, GIT etc.
- Develops and maintains documentation for architectural design, solution evaluation and tool development processes
- Ensure to verify functionality of all implemented solutions are thoroughly tested and approved for deployment including stability and reliability test setups.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience with two (2) years of project leader experience.
- Experience with Automation infrastructure design. Development and deployment (both SW and HW) required.
- Experience with tools evaluation, hardware design, test bench development required.
- Proficient with end-to-end software system test life cycle, various test strategies, types and techniques.
- Proficient with one or more Automation test frameworks (Like Test Stand, ROBOT etc..)
- Must possess good understanding of general functions of the system components and features
- Must possess good knowledge of discipline specific documentation and test considerations.
- Must be familiar with Test life cycle and defect management system.
- Must have knowledge on Quality Management Tools like VISIO, Rational ROSE, Clear Case, Apache Subversion (SVN), Permanent Virtual Circuit (PVCS) Tracker, and IBM Rational Defect Management,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.