Provides direction in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of software components and systems. Instructs and provides technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process. Defines the technological vision, drives technology strategy and influences business partners and leaders on strategic direction.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Provides technical software architecture and design guidelines, works closely with peers on design strategies and leads technical discussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams or complex product line.
- Develops coding core competence in C/C++ or autogenerated using Matlab, classic or adaptive Autosar design tools generation. Develops, designs or provide guidelines for software development for Autosar, Linux, QNX, real time operating system or bare metal non operating system based systems using microcontroller or microprocessor.
- Understands software hardware integration and supports board bring up and hardware configuration-based software.
- Supports diagnostics, vehicle network configuration and factory based software.
- Prepares software product architecture documents for the software products. Follows ISO26262 functional safety standards and ISO21434 security standards in the software designs and development process.
- Develops prototype simulating the development process from conception to implementation.
- Develops reusable modules, platforms and participates in design reviews, in effort to create software platform architecture for future products implementation.
- Delivers platform/core modules and integration of system for current and future customers.
- Provides training and mentoring to a team of software engineers and provides high level designs and interface definition for detail designs and development.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEAM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Art; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience with full life cycle software development spanning embedded and application development; or a minimum of fifteen (15) years of full life cycle software development spanning embedded and application development.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Software Architect/Design.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience leading and/or directing staff.
- Five (5+) years of experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment.
- System level design work and solving complex problems independently.
- Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, etc.).
- Experience with Embedded Software, Linux shell, Real time operating system, QNX, Linux kernel, System On Chip, microcontrollers, Classic/Adaptive Autosar, bare metal non operating system based systems and simple scheduler based systems.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Previous automotive experience (Preferred).
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.