Participates/ leads Engineering regulatory compliance team and Design reviews . Provides direction in the development of regulatory and non -regulatory compliance. Serves as an Export Control Member for Design Engineering responsible for gathering input on ECCN (export control classification number) determination.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads program teams in developing compliance test plans and schedules for new products for corporate, regulatory, industry and supplier standards including: Sirius/XM, Apple, Google, Bluetooth, RDS, DTS, Wi-Fi, Cellular, FMVSS and Cybersecurity.
- Interfaces with regulatory and other certification organizations as a service to program teams in order to help address compliance issues.
- Interfaces with Domain Subject Matter Experts to assist program teams in correctly identifying requirements and interpreting standards.
- Coordinates Interoperability Testing with outside vendor, per customer defined distribution regions.
- Works with vendors as appropriate for pre-certification activities.
- Identifies additional unique requirements for each country including and not limited to: Lab Certification, Local Agents and Labeling Requirements
- Maintains Compliance and Certification Data in a systematic way in alignment with best practices and company standards including process documentation and training.
- Coordinates Program and Product specific interviews to gather ECCN classification data.
- Interfaces with PASA and PNA Legal representatives in order to assure compliance with Export standards consistent with the highest implemented standard in the Automotive Industry.
- Maintains Export Control Data in a systematic way in alignment with best practices and company standards.
- Leads Design engineering process for Panasonic products. Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating design review aligned to PASA Process.
- Maintains project plans to provide status updates on initiatives.
- Provides feedback to management in order to address potential project “roadblocks”.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years with a regulatory compliance background; or five (5) years of experience with a regulatory compliance background
- Knowledge of Project Management body of knowledge or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards, certifications, drawings, catalog sheets, and test data.
- Experience in technical report development.
- Product compliance testing with Sirius/XM, Apple, Google, Bluetooth, RDS (radio data system), DTS (digital theater sound), Wi-Fi, Cellular, FMVSS (federal motor vehicle safety standards),Cybersecurity.
- Experience with Apple/Google Certification, Wi Fi (802.11 a,b,g,n), EMI.
- Familiarity and experience with Bluetooth SIG certification process.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi SW stack experience.
- Strong data analytical skills, focus on project performance and quality status data.
- Experience with MS SharePoint and related Microsoft technologies.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Previous work experience in a cross-cultural, international environment preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.