Participates in and may lead a development team working on the design, development, modification, and evaluation of automotive electronic components and systems. Primary role is an internal consultant providing instruction and technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process of high-power audio amplifiers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develop designs for electrical subsystems for electrical components with a focus on Automotive Audio Amplifiers.
- Determines the technical feasibility of new product concepts, including response to RFI and RFQ. Prepares detailed project plans including technical objectives and approaches, design specifications, test specifications, schedule plans, project cost estimates and product cost analyses.
- Will lead electrical design team through development of detailed performance specifications and technical designs, identify and implement qualification and acceptance test plans, lead problem solving efforts, and interaction with customer and supplier technical leads.
- Prepare schematics, product and component related specifications, and bills of materials as needed.
- May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Develop design process procedures and prepare information as needed in the design documentation process.
- Direct and coordinate manufacture or building of prototype products and systems.
- Responsible for determining component requirements appropriate to product.
- Confirm availability and facilitate acquisition of new components for builds.
- Plan, develop, and participate in experimentation and tests related to product development.
- Generate and analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Responsible for determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment. May confer with research resources to clarify or resolve component problems.
- Develop, participate in and analyze research to determine feasibility of proposed product specifications.
- Provide high-level expertise, technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Must gain knowledge of budget requirements related to product development.
- Four-year college degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field and a minimum of (10) Ten years of electrical design experience; or a Master’s Degree in a STEM major and minimum of Five (5) years of electrical design experience on electronics products.
- Experience in audio circuit/mixed signal design (power supply, SOC, etc) required.
- Strong knowledge of Low frequency analog design (op-amps, ADC’s, DAC’s, Codecs, Microphones, Loudspeakers)
- Experience of High-Level audio architecture, with system gain/noise calculations for analog and digital signal paths.
- Experience in embedded system level analysis and HW/SW interface design required.
- Working knowledge in audio DSP architecture/signal flow design for audio systems required.
- Working knowledge of audio processing concepts (ex.: EQ, Limiters, etc.) required.
- Experience in audio analyzing tools (EX.: AP, audio analyzer, SigmaStudio, etc.) required.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) evaluation and countermeasure experience required.
- Ability to write simple programs to assist with debugging/interfacing with system required.
- Ability to work with SW and acoustic team to enhance and troubleshoot the audio performance of the system required.
- Experience in system level analysis and interface design work required.
- Experience in working at the R&D level to test product and process concepts and theories required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment required.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.