Participates in and may lead a development team. Assists in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of electronic components and systems. May act as internal consultant providing instruction and technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develops designs for electrical subsystems for electrical components.
- Confers with other Senior and Staff Engineers to prepare and document design modifications as required.
- May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Develops design process procedures and prepares information as needed in the design documentation process.
- Prepares schematics, product and component related specifications, and bills of materials as needed.
- Confirms accuracy of Bill of Material (BOM) and assembly data (CIM).
- Directs and coordinates manufacture or building of prototype products and systems.
- Responsible for determining component requirements appropriate to product.
- Confirms availability and facilitates acquisition of new components for builds.
- Plans, develops, and participates in experimentation and tests related to product development.
- Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Responsible for determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment. May confer with research resources to clarify or resolve component problems.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in electrical design required or a minimum of fifteen (15) years electric design experience in electronics products within two of the five areas: Audio, Embedded Processors, RF, Video or Power.
- Five years’ experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment required.
- Must have demonstrated aptitude for original ideas applicable to product and possess the ability to work at R&D level to test concepts and theories.
- Must possess good theoretical knowledge of problems / tasks required.
- Must possess broad understanding of various areas within main discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Ability to use or learn schematic capture system (Zuken).
- Ability to use or learn BOM system (Agile).
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.