Panasonic – Staff Accountant
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
Financial Data Management:
- Prepare and post journal entries - intercompany, accruals, adjusting, operating expense, and true up.
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles GGAP to verify and post detailed transactions to the General ledger.
- Balance and audit general ledger accounts and prepare entries, as necessary.
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation.
- Assist with the financial closing process each month.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Identify and research account discrepancies.
- Assist in budget and forecast preparation.
- Assist in preparation of internal and external financial reporting.
- Ability to analyze data, business processes, and systems to recommend solutions and create reports.
- Support business plan and forecast process.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate accounting for transactions.
Leadership, Management, and Continuous Improvement:
- Assist Business with day-to-day operating decisions, while supporting the Business Partners.
- Take a professional interest in helping team achieve operational excellence; be communicative and responsive and work together to fulfill needs of internal customers.
- Assist team in maintaining and enhancing departmental processes, systems, and controls.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and to use digital tools to automate processes.
Controls and Compliance:
- Ensure full compliance with company policies, internal controls, and best practices.
- Conduct internal control design and operational effectiveness reviews.
- Investigate, resolve, and report any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Review, interpret, and apply accounting policies and procedures.
What You'll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS or BA in or with concentration in Accounting
- Eligibility to sit for CPA exam and or master’s degree in business related field preferred
- Experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP or equivalent program preferred
- Experience in data analysis/visualization tool PowerBI, Tableau, COGNOS, etc
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.