Panasonic – Staff Accountant (Fixed Assets)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
PNA is looking for a Staff Accountant with strong Fixed Assets knowledge and analytical skills to perform day-to-day accounting duties, month end closing cycles, and assist in providing accurate financial information in a timely manner to management in accordance with GAAP/IFRS. The accountant plays a key role in the monthly close process. The accountant should identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities with direction from department manager. The accountant should have a desire and passion to be a team player.
What you will get to do:
Participate in the monthly financial closing process, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Records related journal entries for inter-company charges for various shared service functions.
- Records related journal entries for recurring budget charges.
- Responsible for managing prepaid rent schedule and related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Coordinates calculation of monthly leasing entries.
- Responsible for recording monthly journal entries to recognize expenses, maintaining travel accruals, and updating reconciliations
- Analyzes cost centers on trends and variance analysis
- Supports quarterly and yearly audits with external and internal auditors.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the SAP accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the disposal of fixed assets.
- Assist during the annual budget preparation.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for checking accounts.
- Coordinate with Cash Management team/ Payroll team to resolve any bank reconciliation discrepancy.
Knowledge /Skill Requirements:
- Looking for someone with experience in fixed asset accounting and strong month end close experience
- Background in SAP General Ledger, and BPC (desired, but not required) or other equivalent application
- Ability to work as a team member, with a high degree of problem-solving skills
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related study
- 2-3 Years of progressive accounting experience.
- Knowledge in SAP, and BPC systems is an advantage.
- Experience in a Shared Services/Corporate Accounting environment
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented
- Minimum travel required (5%)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.