Panasonic – Sr UX Researcher
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Conduct research studies that drive tactical and strategic product and design decisions
- Willing to present research findings to Program Management Team and key stakeholders
- Ability to present qualitative and quantitative research methodologies in compelling and creative ways
- Coordinate, conduct and moderate user-facing research activities on-site at the customer location
- Identification of user needs, goals, pain points
- Task and workflow modeling
- Conceptual design
- Persona development
- Rapid, iterative prototyping
- Usability testing and measuring product performance
- Knowledge of design thinking, human centered design
- Work with other researchers to evolve a consistent methodology across the organization
- Collaborates effectively with design teams such as: UX Design, software, hardware, and embedded engineers to ensure a cohesive design system
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Four-year College Degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, Design, HCI and a minimum of two (2) years of experience with User Research; or a minimum of four (4) years of applied UX Research and Design.
- Required experience with Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Analysis, Strategic Planning, Problem Solving, Data Flow, Self-Motivated, Customer Focused, Friendly, Ability to elicit requirements from customers.
- Preferred familiarity with prototyping tools such as: Axure, Sketch, InVision, or other relevant tools
- Preferred experience with data analytic tools, such as Tableau
- Preferred experience with Usability testing methods and best practices
- Preferred familiarity with UI design and the tools used
- A true team player – flexible about your role
- Always learning something new
- Happiest when working in an innovative space with others
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and identify existing or potential problems
- Knowledge of presentation and data visualization
- Empathetic approach to communication to customers and stakeholders
- Curious about humanity
- Have high-quality goals, look for ways to make improvements
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation and direct more junior staff.
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Highly collaborative
- Clear, concise and timely communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong storytelling experience is highly desired
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly.
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
- Ability to travel to as required of the position. Up to 10% annually
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.