Panasonic – Sr. UX Product Designer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Connected vehicles, along with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication (collectively known as V2X) are poised to radically transform the transportation industry. CIRRUS by Panasonic is a data aggregation and insights platform born in the Cloud that bridges the digital and physical worlds. The need for this bridge is becoming increasingly more important for Departments of Transportation and their Transportation Operation Centers and will directly impact the safety and efficiency of drivers on our roadways.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Cirrus V2X Video: https://na.panasonic.com/us/industries/intelligent-transportation
What You’ll Get to Do:
Join a team of like-minded, hungry, talented designers and engineers to create the first production-grade connected vehicle platform in North America. In this role you will work closely with other Product Designers and User Researchers to create innovative, intuitive solutions to challenging, technical problems and use cases. You will own the design deliverables, rationale, implementation review and design documentation, growing our Atomic Design System and feature set. Throughout your entire process you will be applying User-Centered Design principles at all stages in an Agile development environment. You will be mainly located in our Denver headquarters office working on our User Experience team, but will also collaborate closely other remote team members in a flexible working environment.
Rapid concepting and prototyping:
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and wireframes.
Feature design and experiences across product lifecycle:
- Be creative. Design features and experiences across the entire product lifecycle on various platforms, with many different user scenarios. You will set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and be prepared to clearly discuss and defend (and compromise on) your design decisions
- Be accountable. You’ll be expected to drive forward features and workflows from beginning to end, working closely with engineers to ensure design and story implementation accuracy
- Be disruptive (in a good way). You should take always be looking for innovative ways to ‘Break the Mold,’ when it comes to how our customers, clients, and target industry currently operate.
Team and Customer engagement:
- Walk the line between satisfying user needs and product/business goals. Our users inform us where we are going and why, but product goals tell us who we want to be in this space. It’s important we find the best solution for both the users and the long-term product vision.
- Collaborate regularly with the UX team here in Denver and also be the point of contact for the remote team in the new state of the customer. You will be responsible for designing for all new requirements and research findings specific to that state, helping to define how those fit in with the overall SaaS product vision.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience designing scalable products in an agency or in-house environment and preferably possessing experience with SaaS products
- BS degree in HCI, Human Factors, or equivalent years of professional experience
- Basic knowledge in HTML/CSS/JS and front-end technologies, limitations, and possibilities
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Extremely high attention to detail down to the pixel
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF, that you can share with us
- Background in illustration, animation, or strong interaction design skills preferred
- Nice-To-Have: Experience with motion/animation software (2D/3D), especially as it relates to animating UI interactions and transitions
- Travel up to 10%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.