Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Main focus of this position is the support of the tax compliance and accounting for income taxes for Panasonic Avionics Corporation (“PAC”) and its foreign branches. This includes the preparation of federal, state, local, and international income tax returns, including preparation of all related analysis and supporting documents. Responsible for assisting the preparation of local statutory financials for foreign branches. Responsible for assisting in the preparation of foreign branch income tax reporting, VAT & GST returns, Federal and multi-state reporting, including sales and property tax returns. Responsible for assisting and coordinating foreign income tax audits, transfer pricing, and management fee arrangement for the foreign branches.
- Supports the preparation of US federal, state, local and foreign income tax returns, including preparation of all related analysis and supporting documents.
- Supports the preparation of financial statement for foreign branches in accordance to local statutory requirements.
- Maintains tax records, related schedules and various reports for the preparation of Domestic (Federal & State) and Foreign tax returns for PAC and its foreign branches
- Prepares PAC and its foreign branch estimated tax payments, timely filings, and compliance.
- Gathers relevant data for VAT, GST and other indirect tax filings for submission to overseas preparers. Ensures timely filings.
- Supervised and assists junior staff in the preparation of sales and use tax returns, property tax returns and miscellaneous filings on a timely basis.
- Assists, as requested, in research projects related PAC or other Panasonic affiliate companies on various domestic and foreign tax matters, including but not limited to Transfer pricing issues, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and tax planning and research duties as required.
- Assists with domestic and foreign tax audits.
Additional Tax Matters
- Supports Corporate Accounting team during the month-end close, including but not limited to prepare journal entries and the reconciliation of various tax accounts.
- Prepares and maintains a list of statutory & local compliance requirements for foreign branches
- Assists in the processing of foreign branch expenses, particularly on fees related to tax services and tracks payments against the budgeted fees.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation on tax processes and evaluates opportunities for improvement and efficiencies across the tax function.
- Develops and implements systems to compile information for various federal, state, and foreign reports.
- Recommends ways to minimize domestic and foreign corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations.
- May administer international tax laws and regulations.
- Assists management with the implementation and control of internal audit policy and procedures.
- Assists in training and development of junior staff in Tax department.
- Ability to professionally communicate to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Attention to detail and high regard for quality.
- Must be comfortable with and willing to proactively take responsibility and ownership of deadlines
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Develops realistic action plans.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Uses professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values. Benefits organization through outside activities. Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax or Accounting from a 4-year college or university
- 8+ years of related experience and/or training in the Tax Accounting field
- 5+ Public accounting experience desirable.
- CPA or management accounting certification preferred
- Strong technical and communications skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel
- Experience working with Oracle desirable
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.