- Lead designs and requirements definitions for new systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products in support of complex projects and programs requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- Lead documentation of designs and requirements for new systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products in support of projects and programs.
- Lead design reviews of requirements implementation.
- Contribute to and support customer proposal development with system definition and functional requirements.
- Provide oversight of prototype development of new systems, new system configurations, software and products.
- Lead the communication of complex system requirements for systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products both internally and externally with the customer.
- Lead customer discussions to ensure understanding and communication of the optimal technical solution.
- Exceptional ability to effectively manage most obstacles and negotiate accordingly.
- Highly adept in interfacing with engineering, airline customers and aircraft OEMs.
- Advanced knowledge of system/business vs. customer goals to ensure the best technical solution is defined for the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results for complex projects. Performs as mentor, leader, technical expert and source of information.
- Ability to direct a team in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
- Highly proficient in project planning to ensure timely completion of complex, independent tasks or one or more complex projects. Must know, plan for and integrate internal and external dependencies across multi-functions.
- Demonstrated high level of experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge in order to provide recommendations and make decisions in matters of significance to the product and company.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or date requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Extensively modify existing processes, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Expert with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, system level definition capabilities and customer service skills.
- Experience designing Interface Control Documents (ICDs) using the following technologies: RS-485, ARINC 485-1 and 485-2, ARINC 628 Part 1, SNMP MIBs, HTTP, RS-232, USB, raw sockets is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years’ experience in large scale integrated systems.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.