Responsible for designing, defining, and implementing system requirements for customer systems and/or preparing studies and analyzing for existing systems and/or lead a team for system evaluation. Works on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of data requires a review of identifiable factors.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for system/software compatibility required by the customer for assigned subsystems.
- Responsible for system level evaluation either with vehicle interface of internal product design and testing for compliance of components by specifications.
- Responsible for the technical portion of the CRA (change request authorization) and for creation and maintenance of the PDD (Product Definition Document).
- Designs and/or makes recommendations & decisions to improve overall system performance.
- Works with cross functional engineering team including program managers and customer engineers to act as the customer's advocate when issues and problems need to be escalated.
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between PASA, suppliers, and PASA’s customers for design reviews and to track project status.
- Prepares records, charts, graphs, and other statistical information in the testing documentation process.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of customer facing, software or systems design experience in electronic products. Must have actual design experience in at least one discipline(s) of either software, system evaluation or systems design. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
- Experience in development of Cluster ECUs as well as ISO26262 competence strongly desired
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret technical data at the level needed to perform the function
- Must have the ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and direct more junior engineers
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials
- Specific experience in electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.