Responsible for designing, defining, and implementing system requirements for complex customer systems and/or preparing studies and analyzing for existing systems. Works on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Reviews customer requirements for Connected Service in automotive infotainment head units, reviews feasibility, and resolves specification open issues with OEM. Defines internal requirements for Connected Service implementation.
- Leads the development and integration of Connected Service implementation for production projects.
- Develops feature roll out plan for the software team and tier 2 suppliers, based on discussion with the customer.
- Manages the deliverables from suppliers to ensure timely delivery of project assets.
- Performs system level investigation of customer reported product issues at OEM site, works with other software team members and suppliers to resolve the issues.
- Performs system level testing of Connected Service implementation to verify system design, identifies performance gaps and makes recommendations about improvements to the product.
- Addresses engineering change requests from customers.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for electrical/ hardware/ software compatibility required by the customer for assigned subsystems.
- Responsible for the definition, design and integration of total system. Includes systems modeling, system testing. May be responsible for subsystems of the overall design.
- Designs and/or makes recommendations & decisions to improve overall system performance.
- Responsible for the technical portion of the CRA (change request authorization) and for creation and maintenance of the PDD (Product Definition Document).
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Responsible for system level evaluation either with vehicle interface of internal product design and testing for compliance of components by specifications.
- Depending on specific assignment in systems team:
- Responsible for communication with customer and/or the resident engineers regarding design definition.
- Responsible for communication with factory engineering, and validation engineering regarding design/test issues.
- Coordinates electrical/software design and determines most appropriate implementation trade-off of design.
- Provides on-site engineering support for the assigned customer, collaborating in all program phases from initial concept to program end.
- Works with Technicians, Account Managers, Systems Engineers, Customer Engineers and Sales Managers to act as the customer's advocate when issues and problems need to be escalated.
- Attends, and sometimes chairs, the customer's on site meetings when customer's operation group reviews performance and issues with the customer's network.
- May assist in managing the customer's specific release processes throughout the entire development cycle of each specific product.
- May perform project management duties when working with suppliers for requirements development, etc.
- Coordinates and project manages upgrades and network migrations that involve Panasonic products at the customer's sites.
- Defines system requirements; maintains compliance with the customer's specifications.
- Communicates customer program timing requirements and completion of program milestones to management and engineering lead. Ensures that all program steps comply with established customer program processes.
- Ensures the proper flow of engineering and customer information within and between the customer and all Panasonic engineering teams.
- Maintains appropriate documentation to meet the specifications of the customer and Panasonic.
- May also identify and troubleshoot quality and manufacturing issues.
- May perform limited project management duties and promote efforts to acquire additional business from the customer including recommendations for future products and designs.
- Prepares records, charts, graphs, and other statistical information in the testing documentation process.
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of customer facing, software or systems design experience in electronic products.
- Minimum of three years of experience in defining, implementing Connected Service requirements or other similar experience in IVI system is required.
- Experience in evaluation of Connected Service performance is required.
- Working knowledge of the software API for Connected Service is preferred.
- Knowledge of SDL/HTML5/Security is preferred.
- Must have actual design experience in software engineering. Additional experience in electrical design is a plus.
- Specific experience in electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must possess good understanding of general functions of the system components.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.