Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
Participate in Supplier selection, supplier development and validations, while working with existing suppliers to ensure full quality compliance to PAC (Panasonic Avionics Corporation) requirements. Investigate technical, quality and performance problems jointly with the Materials team in effort to improve supply base performance. Detailed evaluation of supplier’s capabilities and ongoing process improvement efforts will be considered a regular part of the function using DMAIC/Problem solving methodologies. Support Material Review Board (MRB) and investigate material rejections including root cause analysis and corrective actions. Prepare Management reports and presentations on Supply Chain Quality status and supplier performance.
- Collaborates routinely with Supply Chain, Quality and Engineering to resolve technical problems within PAC commodities. Utilize standard and advanced Problem Solving techniques such as DMAIC. Actively work with Supplier in event of Quality issues to effectively define, create and validate both Corrective and Preventative actions. Validate Supplier corrective action responses in effort to drive zero defects. Utilize Risk Analysis for preventative action and/or Poka-Yoke.
- Leads efforts to drive supplier PPM and OTD performance and act as supplier liaison to assist in driving supplier scorecard performance. Preside over Supplier QBR (Quality Business Reviews) and drives suppliers for continuous improvements to achieve strategic departmental targets. Communicated and Documents efforts.
- Effectively communicates cross-functionally with members within Panasonic, as well as suppliers on supplier performance issues in efforts to improve supplier’s capability and to position a supplier for decreased receiving inspection requirements and improve incoming quality levels. Regularly reviews Open CAR database and follow-up with Supplier on Closure. Tracks status to ensure timely status approves all status changes to SCAR’S. Generate Monthly Status report to Management.
- Lead efforts with internal customers to develop & clarify Critical Product Characteristics & Critical to Quality Requirements (CTQ) for the commodities to be sourced. Perform detailed process audit on identified suppliers based on risk. Train and work with suppliers to meet PAC SQAR/contractual requirements which includes Validation (PPAP) level requirements on specific commodities. Review and approve all required Supplier Control Plans, capabilities studies, PPAP requirements as defined by PAC Contractual requirements or Supplier Quality Requirements Manual,
- Suggest and develop Quality systems in effort to improve department functionality. Utilized advanced understanding of Quality methodologies and develop or enhance current systems to achieved departmental initiatives.
- Effectively communicated with all levels of both the internal and external organization. Presents clear, accurate and concise information.
- A qualified auditor of AS9100.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must be an effective communicator in both written and oral settings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, QI macros, Minitab, etc. Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specification.
- Proficient in Quality tools, PPAP and Problem Solving methodologies (DMAIC)
- ASQ Certifications (CQE,CSQP, etc. highly preferred)
- Understanding of LEAN principle and concepts (Standard Work, 5s,SMED, etc)
- BS in Engineering, Engineering Technology and/or Technical Science required. Related degree may be considered.
- 6 year experience involving both Supplier Quality Engineering and/or Quality engineering with emphasis on electro-mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Mid-level travel required up to 20-25%. Individual must have valid Driver License and US passport, or other legal document that permits travel within the Continental USA or adjacent countries.
- Manufacturing Processes such as
- Electronic Assembly
- Wire Harnessing
- Injection Mold
- Machining and/or purchasing of machined parts
- Material /Purchasing practices and methods such as order specifications
- Working knowledge of major elements of ISO/9000 or AS9100 and regulatory requirements such as FAA Part 145