Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
We are currently working remotely until the end of 2021 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
Experienced and versatile technical solution developer focused on improved data systems, tools, and processes. Emphasis on databases, data management and reporting, business systems analysis, requirements gathering, project management, and third-party tool implementations. Identify issues and opportunities, design solutions and processes, and drive related efforts and tasks to completion.
- Solve business needs and resolve issues by documenting requirements and designing and implementing solutions
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain databases and software tools
- Provide expert level technical capability for individual and team based projects
- Work with end users to define and document requirements and internal processes
- Create and execute project plans and revise as needed
- Communicate status and issues to management on a recurring basis
Systems Maintenance & Implementation
- Participate in third party tool implementation projects that may involve global deployment
- Design and conduct testing and validation prior to solution deployment and upgrades
- Provide technical assistance to IT during detection and resolution of system issues
- Design, develop, implement and maintain custom reports and dashboards using web tools and third party BI applications
- Extract data from disparate sources and archive appropriately for use in reporting
- Identify and complete related efforts and tasks as required
- Expert knowledge and experience with SQL, web-based reporting, or BI development required with Oracle ERP environment experience or similar preferred
- Ability to distill large amounts of data and communicate effectively to executive decision makers
- Ability to lead initiatives and project teams
- Strong knowledge of database systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or escalate issues for resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (IT discipline preferred) or at least 9 years of IT related experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of database developer experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of Tool implementation and/or reporting experience
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.