Design and develop our next generation products. Develop tools and systems that allow Panasonic Avionics Customer Systems Focals to process and transform hardware/software configuration data into System level configuration parameters to meet the customer In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) requirements. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Designs, modifies and implements complex software applications from functional and system design specifications.
- Codes, integrates, tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product.
- Develops software tools and subsystems to support software development, test, and reuse, and manages implementation for projects requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency and robustness.
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes design interfaces.
- Prepares, reviews, and evaluates interface documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Assists in definition, analysis and allocation of requirements.
- Supports system test programs and analyzes system testing results.
- Documents designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts.
- Maintains the developed software efficiently through familiarity with software lifecycles.
- Provides leadership and/or technical guidance to lower level engineers, designers and support personnel as assigned.
- Advanced C programming experience in Linux environment including TCP/IP network programming.
- PHP, Shell Scripting, Unix/Linux, MySQL, Algorithm Development, Data Manipulation, Data
- Strong experience in Linux and/or Unix environments.
- Strong understanding of working with "data" such as data manipulation, data aggregation, data processing, or related.
- Familiarity with network security methodologies a plus. Prior experience with multimedia application development including streaming audio/video servers and clients highly desirable.
- Ability to resolve complex problems quickly and efficiently. IFE development involves many system level issues including real time, performance and reliability requiring understanding of distributed processors in an embedded system environment. Many problems are multi-dimensional requiring non-traditional solutions to fit within the constraints of an embedded system providing highest value to the customer and end user to bring entertainment in an aircraft.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with user-centered, iterative design and development cycles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and make efficient use of given resources such as system lab time and downstream process owners and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Provide leadership and/or technical guidance to other engineers.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Proven ability to extensively modify existing processes, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Demonstrable experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including concise written and verbal skills is a must.
- Familiarity with a variety of discipline field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Technical background in Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with any database language, e.g., (SQL).
- Experience and understanding of Windows and Linux OS.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Software Automation Testing field.
- Experience with working in a fast-paced, objective-oriented team, taking direction from Project Technical Manager and PAC leadership to achieve on-time project milestone
- Strong knowledge of test methods and tools – g., Smoke, Sanity, Regression, Positive and Negative Use Cases.
- Experience with Agile Processes.
- Experience with Code Reviews.
- Shall have experience with testing digital video streams.
- Multicast networking.
- RTP, RTSP a plus, UDP
- Experience with testing of A/V (MPEG) codex.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- 10-15 years’ of related experience.
- 8+ years’ of current hands-on development experience with one of the following: Python, C, PHP and/or Shell
- Scripting experience. Very high technical competence with a track record of strong coding.
- IFE System Development experience is a plus.
Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.