This position is eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule.
Responsible for leading the software development of core StoreConnect technology in the areas of Data Science and Data Visualization.
StoreConnect is an IOT/ SaaS offering that analyzes commercial refrigeration systems. Additional responsibilities will include managing the personnel responsible for this development. Will work closely with other senior technical and business leaders from within the StoreConnect development team and within the rest of the company to ensure the StoreConnect product fulfills the business requirements necessary to successfully grow the StoreConnect offering. Role will collaborate with Hussmann’s digital transformation team effort to ensure alignment and execution of Hussmann digital UI / UX standards in support of our Hussmann brand promise.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the software development of data analysis and data visualization technologies that are a part of an IOT / SaaS offering in the commercial refrigeration space
- Manage all activities of the Data Science and Data Visualization software development teams to ensure successful product delivery based on formal project management & agile development principals
- Provide guidance to the team on software development standards
- Work with business leaders within the company to gather the requirements and priorities necessary to schedule development efforts
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to affect change via people, policy and/or system changes with the end-customer in mind.
- Hire and on-board new developers, both internal employees and external contractors
- Mentor team members
- Ensure development processes are properly documented
- Serve as the Data Science & Visualization thought leader and Change Agent to initiate needed team alignment required to realize Customer value and satisfaction from our StoreConnect product development
- Manage team through the Hussmann Performance Management Process (PMP) in a timely and effective way on an annual basis
- Ensure the right talent is positioned to execute our StoreConnect product roadmap. Design & execute career ladders to support the development and retention of talent.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of proven engineering project management and technology development experience
- 5+ years of successful engineering management experience
- 5+ years of successful software development experience
- Proficient with agile software development methodologies
- Strong communications and documentation skills
- Strong mentor and coach
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with development in a startup environment and developing a new product
- Familiar with commercial refrigeration systems