As a Senior Software Engineer with Panasonic Energy, you will work in a mission-critical and growth-driven environment. You will be responsible for the design, coding, unit testing, deployment, and documentation of various software systems supporting an industry-leading battery assembly line. You will work closely with your fellow developers, project managers, and various stakeholders in driving significant improvements in efficiency, delivery, resilience, and overall employee well-being across the company.
What you'll get to do:
- Write quality test-driven and well-documented code in a highly collaborative environment across the entire software stack.
- Design, maintain, and iterate on high-availability, low-latency applications relating to battery manufacturing.
- Pair remotely and in-person with fellow developers.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of software trends and best practices.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of battery production operations.
- Provide time-sensitive support and bug fixes.
- Train both technical and non-technical staff in new software operations.
- Draw upon your experience as a senior engineer in training fellow developers of all levels in advancing their skills and their careers.
- Spearhead and facilitate various initiatives to better our codebase, our agile practices, and our overall collaborative mindset.
- Actively participate in various meetings, drawing upon your experience to guide high-level decisions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
What you'll bring:
- Basic: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, software engineering, or related discipline.
- Preferred: None
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in an agile software development environment.
- An appreciation for quality, with an emphasis on creating a well-developed product that can be easily picked up and further developed by yourself or any other developer.
- An ability to provide code-reviews that are thorough, constructive, and insightful.
- An understanding of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Enthusiasm in learning new technologies.
- An ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- An ability to proactively communicate with cross functional teams including internal customers.
- An ability to influence change without direct authority.
- Diligence in documenting metrics and interpreting them as indicators of data quality.
- A growth-driven and adaptable mindset; this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing.
- Experience in leading projects and coordinating with cross-functional teams.
- An appreciation for those factors beyond coding that create a high-performance, efficient, and enjoyable working environment for software engineers.
- PL/SQL and Oracle 11g preferred.
- A willingness to learn can be substituted for experience in the following tech stack.
- Frontend: Typescript, React, Redux
- Backend: Typescript, Express, Hapi, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL
- Competence with Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab (or other similar software).
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.