Panasonic – Sr. Software Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Under general direction, participates as a high-level technical expert to apply a broad understanding of theories and principles of computer science, engineering, and technologies to create software solutions. Analyzes, decomposes, and specifies requirements based upon understanding of business applications and engineering principles.
Software Development Activities:
- Provide technical leadership to the organization and development team for the successful implementation and test of product features.
- Act as a technical consultant to Product Management, Support, Services, and Testing organizations, as well as to other development teams.
- Contribute significantly to product roadmaps, estimation, planning, identification of risks and issues, and development status.
- Define strategies, guidelines, and goals for integration of components, product testing, and acceptance testing.
- Perform high-level requirements analysis and decomposition to assist with defining product architecture, requirements, and design, as well as system solutions.
- Able to develop and implement detailed and complex solutions for video technologies and applications.
- May act as team leader on less complex projects, and assist in the planning and coordination of projects.
- Employ software engineering methods and practices to create artifacts and documentation for the implementation and support of software products to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers.
- Demonstrate understanding and adherence to the software development process.
Software Support Activities:
- Perform maintenance on existing software products.
- Provide necessary development support to resolve bugs and issues.
- Work with Quality Assurance, Technical Support, and other developers to resolve bugs and issues.
- Independently resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Documentation, Collaboration, Coordination and Training:
- Support the creation of documentation, which may include user manuals, help documentation, tool tips, and training material.
- Assist in training less-experienced software staff.
- Make suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements.
- Work with software test teams to design and develop testing strategies.
Process and Quality:
- Actively engage in process improvements, quality initiatives, and execution of established processes.
- Assist with the definition, implementation, assessment, measurement, management, change, and improvement of the software process.
- Identify and assist in the management of intellectual property, third-party software, re-use, and compliance.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- MS Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and perform work independently.
- Ability to independently resolve complex product and system issues.
- Ability to translate requirements into a solid design and implementation.
- Understanding of software engineering design principles and algorithms with the ability to translate design and analysis into code.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong diagnostic skills to track, trouble-shoot, and solve issues.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers to translate needs into requirements, to explain and resolve technical issues, and to present technical solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Coach and mentor peers and junior engineers.
- Influence the technical direction of the team.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster teamwork.
- Occasional travel.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.