Leads the Instrument Cluster technology within PASA’s cockpit domain controller type products. Responsible for assuring that the instrument cluster solutions are successfully integrated into the cockpit domain controllers, on time with high quality to multiple customers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between PASA, suppliers, and PASA’s customers for design reviews and to track project status and communicates with team and management regarding development activities, project schedule, cost, monthly budget forecasting updates, issues, and risks.
- Coordinates software development activities with other software teams and collaborates with local engineering teams to analyze requirements, designs and maintains instrument cluster software for cockpit domain controller projects with on-time and high quality deliverables to multiple customers.
- Works with global software development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write test cases for unit testing.
- Works with instrument cluster operating system suppliers to analyze requirements and develop interfaces to other modules and evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure it meets the acceptance criteria.
- Provides direction to both on-shore, off-shore development teams and third party instrument cluster operating system to develop new features. Utilizes strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to both internal and external customers.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and assures best practices and design patterns are used consistently and appropriately.
- Manages external companies and resources that may be contracted to provide software design and development services.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of full life cycle
- Minimum three (3) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Proficient with C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
- Experience in development, validation and integration of instrument cluster models using Matlab or other tools. Understanding of legal needs for the instrument cluster software development.
- Understanding of functional safety requirements for instrument cluster development and modules. Development of high performance and safe instrument cluster software.
- Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time or high level operating system like qnx/linux based embedded systems.
- Have a strong understanding of hardware.
- Have a strong understanding of ISO262262 and develop safety compliant software.
- Experience with display layer management such as blending / composite, scaling, de-interlace and color conversion with HW accelerated engine. Technical skill to manage graphics related development such as layer management, and troubleshooting graphics performance issues in embedded systems.
- Understanding of windowing framework, OpenGL framework for the instrument cluster HMI development using industry standard frameworks like Altia and Kanzi.
- Understanding of GHS multi compiler and AUTOSAR, CAN configurator tools
- Working experience on micro controllers and SOCs.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
- Experience in developing of software requirements.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.