Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Design and develop the database software for the Linux / Open-Source platform. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement database-driven data storage, reports and exports.
- Design and develop Time Series Databases (with a focus on Patroni raft, HA Proxy, and PostgreSQL environment).
- Design and develop software applications in Go Language
- Engage in Code Reviews.
- Create Unit Tests, Acceptance Tests, and self-documenting code.
- Code, integrate, test, debug, and refine the software to produce the required product.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software development, test, and reuse, and manages their implementation.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Apply reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to plan strategic system migration.
- Develop system architecture and design including software, hardware, communications, and interface requirements.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate interface documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Conduct analysis to define, analyze and allocate requirements.
- Prepare program-level documentation.
The salary range of $107,000 - $151,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Minimum 5+ years of software development experience or an equivalent combination of IFE (Inflight Entertainment) systems/engineering experience combined with 3 plus years of software development experience.
- Experience with AWS integration and AWS architecture a plus.
- Proficient with Time Series Database or other types of databases.
- Proficient with PostgreSQL client applications and utilities.
- Experience with high availability applications such as Patroni, HA Proxy and keepalived.
- Experience with Timescale Database a plus.
- Experience with network programming and application interfaces.
- Proficient with writing application software, preferable Go Language, C or C++.
- Proficient with the Linux environment and Open-Source software development tools.
- Proficient skills using the collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams, JIRA and CI/CD Pipeline through GitLab.
- Proficiency with the Go ecosystem (unit test framework, static analysis, package system, documentation etc.)
- Linux developer at application.
- Proficient with Agile Methodologies and Scrum practices.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Software Engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Use expertise, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals..
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.