Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting areas of our next generation In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) product suite that utilize Android / Linux platforms, and multi-tiered, client-server technologies. This role is primarily responsible for developing technical roadmap and technology standards to improve Reliability and Maintainability of our platforms. Act as technical leader and mentor other software engineers and architects. Develop software architecture design. Partner and facilitate discussions between stakeholders.
- Develop and document end-to-end software architectures and strategies for IFEC products and features
- Define and communicate clear goals for the architecture including the reasons it was chosen, key attributes, risks and how the architecture meets them
- Define reusable application frameworks, reducing cost, complexity and overall maintenance of proposed solutions
- Recommend and develop architectural design patterns / frameworks that enable the chosen architecture and will be used by the development teams.
- Review existing designs and identify / implement improvements to existing systems
- Develop a systematic approach to understand maintainability requirements of overall IFEC software / system
- Develop architectural patterns and frameworks that will improve Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability of IFEC system, products and applications
- Develop architecture constructs that will improve efficiency of day – day operations of IFE/C systems by Airline staff and PAC maintenance personnel
- Work with cross functional team - product, engineering, product support, field service, technical services teams to determine system wide design impacts and maintainability requirements
- Collaborate with development / test / integration / support teams on refinement/implementation/deployment of chosen architectures and frameworks
- Communicate the software architecture throughout the organization via presentations and architecture documents/diagrams.
- Interface with product teams on review of new features / products and provide guidance on the implications / work scope / feasibility of them
- Collaborate with development / test / integration / support teams on refinement/implementation/deployment of the chosen architecture
- Participate in detailed design and code reviews to ensure alignment with the chosen architecture and recommended design patterns
- Evaluate upcoming technologies, stay current with industry best practices and adapt them into the system architecture as needed to enable the product roadmap
- Create prototypes, proof-of-concepts and demonstrations to evaluate new architecture / technologies on the systems
- Provide technical leadership to junior software engineers in the areas of software design and implementation
- Excellent understanding of different architectural patterns (such as service based, event based, micro services, …) including pros/cons of each and when to apply them
- Experience with design / development of complex Linux / Android embedded systems
- Breadth of experience in varied technologies relating to topics such as: networking protocols, security protocols, distributed systems, high availability strategies, audio/video distribution, e-commerce, big data and analytics
- Very good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns, and abstraction methodologies
- Extensive In-depth experience in architecting, designing and developing complex distributed systems with focus on reliability and maintainability
- Experience architecting and implementing REACTIVE or other similar reliability models to improve maintainability and reliability of systems
- Experience in implementing open source and commercial Application and Systems performance monitoring tools to address maintainability and availability challenges
- Experience implementing Application Performance and Monitoring for complex distributed embedded closed loop systems is a plus
- Experience working closely with internal and external customers identifying, proposing and building solutions that meet their operational needs
- Experience in design / development of software on complex embedded systems from requirements to production / deployment
- Experience documenting architectures and familiar with related diagraming models (such as C4 model, UML, sequence diagrams, …) including when and why each is used
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal / collaboration skills
- Experience in Agile development process
- Experience with AWS /Azure Cloud Computing and IoT a plus
- Experience with Field Service Management industry in Avionics, Healthcare or similar is preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ year’s architecture experience in complex embedded systems
- Travel up to 5%
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.