Responsible to optimize finished good inventory held for service demand after end of mass production through forecasting and other data analysis with coordination between Program Management, Customer Care, Production Control, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Service and Warehouse functions while working in a team environment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Follows a quarterly schedule, based on forecast model estimate, optimizes and recommends disposition amounts of excess, obsolete, slow-moving, non-moving, and shelf-life finished good material using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Electronic Data Interchange Data (EDI) forecast, System of Record, shipment history, and current inventory.
- Identifies weaknesses in forecast guidelines and make a proposals to improve them.
- Provides recommendations to adjust guidelines based on analyzed historical trends.
- Collaborates with cross functional team to evaluate forecasting guidelines and results of forecasting work.
- Recommends production of new service units where on-hand quantity is low relative to forecast.
- Ensures material dispositions take place.
- Evaluates existing master data and arrange updates and corrections as necessary.
- Leads cross-functional review of proposed scrap and manufacturing proposals with SCM, warehouse, customer care, service, purchasing and sales.
- Recommends new master data items to support business operations.
- Extracts data and create meaningful, actionable reports and adds additional data when necessary to existing reports.
- Documents existing audit procedures.
- Audits material storage locations per established processes and procedures.
- Makes recommendations and improve existing audit processes and procedures.
- Utilizes the System of Record and other data, calculate total standard cost and reserve value of Raw Material and finished goods to prioritize activity.
- Manages existing procedures and makes improvements to the process when necessary. Continues to enhance opportunities within consolidation, streamline, and obsolete needs as necessary for the business.
- Follows established guidelines to forecast demand for raw material or finished goods.
- Reviews, validates, and updates System of Record Master Data for accuracy to support forecasting and disposition of obsolete revision material. Coordinates making improvements in standard reporting from System of Record.
- Supports Audits of Supply Chain Management by outside organizations.
- Responsible for corrective action plans and revision of policy and procedures when applicable.
- Business process improvement through TS16949 work instruction maintenance.
- Coordinates data collection, preparation and analysis and presents management level presentations.
- Coordinates and collaborates with associated functions, program management, supply chain management (SCM), customer care, production, and service to achieve purchasing SCM goals.
- Four-year college degree in management, business, education, operations, industrial or a related field and three (3) years related purchasing/supply chain experience or a minimum of five (5) years related purchasing/supply chain experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Excel or similar software package including mathematical and string formulas, sorting/filtering, and pivot tables.
- Experience with analytical processes required.
- Understands the working level of ERP/MRP systems.
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience.\
- Ability to create meaningful, easy to understand charts and tables to categorize and format data including line charts, bar charts and pie charts.
- Ability to select appropriate data presentation method.
- Ability to select and use appropriate descriptive statistical tools.
- Create easy to understand flowcharts in Visio or similar software packages.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Windows based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.