- Identifies and employs appropriate tools and methodology to ensure precise benchmarking of candidates against the technical and behavioral competencies and ‘cultural fit’ requirements of each position. Introduces new and innovative changes, where appropriate, to identify and select talent.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling of interviews
- Responsible for interviewing of candidates
- Develop tools, training, guides to improve manager capability during interview and selection process.
- Reviews resumes and employment applications and evaluates work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, and other qualifications of applicants based on the criteria stated on the job description and presents qualified candidates to hiring managers.
- Records additional knowledge, skills, abilities, interests, test results, and other data pertinent to selection and referral of applicants.
- Informs applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation and benefits, work schedules and working conditions, company, promotional opportunities, and other related information.
- Refers selected applicants to appropriate hiring manager, according to policy.
- Keeps records of applicants not selected for employment.
- May perform reference and background checks on applicants.
- May conduct or arrange for skills testing of applicants.
- May evaluate selection and placement techniques by conducting research or follow-up activities and conferring with management and supervisory personnel.
- Mentor and train junior or mid-level recruiting staff.
- Builds talent pipeline and matches talent with business needs, utilizing a variety of progressive sourcing methods
- Recommends attendance at Career Fairs and other viable venues that will benefit the Company in selecting state-of-the-art candidates.
- Build collaborative partnerships with Hiring Managers and external Recruiting vendors
- Understand the operational objectives and manpower needs of the assigned departments and translate this into cost effective candidate attraction initiatives and a planned strategy to meet the departmental requirements. At all times ensuring quality service standards and quality of sourced candidates and that cost-effective strategies are utilized.
- Provide statistical / analytical information to management on matters such as, status reports, non-standard selections and exceptions, offers declined and salary comparisons, highlighting problems and recommend solutions / alternatives to on-going issues.
- Proactively communicate (within specified time frames) with internal and external candidates in order to maintain a professional image and a quality candidate experience.
- Build professional relationships with Hiring Managers, in order to provide a committed service and balancing process integrity issues with the needs to be responsive to departmental pressures. Advise Hiring Managers on the interpretation of behavioral evidence, influencing and negotiating selection decisions.
- Professionally work with and manage the quality of support provided by recruitment agencies when operationally working with them in the field, ensuring that Panasonic's brand image and high standards of candidate service are reflected by all processes where support is provided.
- Lead key talent acquisition projects or initiatives
- Promote the company as the ‘employer of choice’ to the local and global workforce by the efficient use of media and other promotional tools. This includes the production of targeted newspaper or web-based adverts and the promotion of the role and benefits of working with the company.
- Expertise in full life cycle recruitment processes
- Expertise in developing staffing plans
- Strong business acumen skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interface with mid to executive level management, have an understanding of the technical jargon related to the business and be able to speak confidently and fluently relative to the particular position opening
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and confidential manner.
- Excellent persuasion and presentation skill
- Expertise in recruiting industry best practices and methods
- Ability to function independently and maintain workflow with minimal supervision.
- Strong consultative and strategic partnership skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent internet recruiting skills, including the ability to research and present creative methods of obtaining candidates
- Strong follow-up and follow through techniques.
- Ability to lead teams or projects
- Ability to mentor and train others on recruiting systems, processes and methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Applicant Tracking, Sourcing and HRIS Systems
- A University Degree in Human Resources or related discipline will be preferred
- 8+ yrs. progressive experience in recruiting with emphasis on technical positions (Engineering, IT, etc.) preferably within the aviation industry or a large corporate / multinational / professional services organization.
- Qualified and experienced in competency-based focused interviewing techniques and as an Assessment Centre Facilitator / Observer.