Project Manager II
ITC Global, Inc.
The primary function of the Project Manager (PM) II is to manage small to large Satellite System projects from closed-won through to system handover and transitions to client operations. PM will ensure that customer requirements are adequately defined, uniformly understood, and appropriately planned to achieve the successful execution of the project. Will be the project focal point for the total project success.
Requires a confident leader who demonstrates the capability to prepare and deliver effective presentations, to analyze and interpret customer requirements, to plan and monitor details effectively and be a champion for customer satisfaction while managing project performance to meet the needs of the company.
The Project Manager II works closely with Program Managers, Sales, Accounting, Supply Chain, Engineering, Build & Test, and Operations teams in the oversight of project delivery of remote VSAT and communications systems to customer sites/vessels/rigs.
Logistics, Scheduling and Planning
- Review and modify the bill of materials, as necessary, to ensure it includes all materials, expenses, and transportation/shipping costs.
- Review and submit the agreed bill of material to Supply Chain for equipment order and Inventory issue.
- Create Project Plan and manage project to Plan schedule, scope and cost.
- Create customer sites in the Document Management System (DMS), open installation work orders and populate the DMS database with site specific information and upload all project documentation in the DMS.
- Develop Scopes of Work and distribute to project team.
- Coordinate the build out and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) of VSAT systems and ensure that the systems are completed to the agreed-upon standards.
- Coordinate and confirm all required paperwork for international shipment of equipment is complete and compliant.
- Coordinate/schedule shipment of equipment for international and/or domestic installations with Supply Chain.
- Provide project FAT/SAT documentation to technicians for successful implementation.
- Schedule/manage site survey for the installation of equipment and services at customer sites.
- Schedule/manage the installation of equipment and services at customer sites.
- Communicate effectively with all Stakeholders with updates as expected.
- Review completed project documentation and load in the DMS.
- Ensure all project costs have been captured to submit project invoicing to the Billing Department.
- Generate project closeout report to determine if project was completed within budget.
Sales Support/Alignment & Customer Care
- Work directly and indirectly with internal teams in the delivery of remote communications projects regionally as well as globally.
- Review Sales Order and/or customer RFP to determine and understand customer requirements.
- Assemble project team; Coordinate and lead project review/kick off meetings with internal team members and customers; Review Project Plan with team.
- Contact customer sites post-installation to verify customer satisfaction with the installation, quality of work and proper operation of new system.
Other Major Responsibilities:
- Promotes and maintains a safe and positive HSE presence within the team and day-to-day work flow.
- Focuses on Compliance and Quality to ensure Project tasks and activities are performed properly.
Assumes day-to-day leadership and accountability of the assigned projects, scheduling and workflow.
- Knowledge and experience of SCPC, TDMA, and Mesh satellite technologies.
- Detail-oriented individual with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to coordinate/lead an operational team focused on customer service.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under general supervision and direction. Must have flexibility of working extended hours and on call as needed, and the ability to work independently.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of regional and virtual teams across multiple geographies/vertical markets.
- Well organized, effective written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to prepare and present clear and concise oral and written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Demonstrates ability and skills to engage and influence stakeholders required to deliver projects.
- Understanding of cultural sensitivities in the areas of work
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Information Technology, Electronic Communication, Computer Science, or related field and 7+ years of related experience; or 10+ years direct field service experience in the industry or military may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Project Management Qualifications PMP preferred (e.g. PRINCE2, Polk, PMP or similar)
- 5+ years of related PM experience
- Must have demonstrable and significant experience in Onshore/Offshore Oil & Gas, Maritime and Mining markets.
Working Conditions / Physical Elements
- Can safely lift typical loads encountered in the industry and pass medical examinations as required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screens as required by company policy. ITC Global maintains a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
Ability and willingness to travel via vehicle, vessel, airplane or helicopter in support of our customers as required.
ITC Global, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.