This position will be right at the nerve center of the Panasonic division (called the Tesla Energy Business Division) and will own the design, negotiation, and execution of key initiatives for Panasonic in alignment with our customer, Tesla Motors. The role will require a customer-service oriented mind, strong business acumen, project management, an analytical mindset, coupled with tenacity and creativity to design and implement projects in support of business interactions with Tesla. Projects include and are not limited to negotiations planning and execution, management of deadlines and requirements, and prioritization of the activities for the business division. This role is also responsible partner with department leaders where needed and ensure that the portfolio of projects is well maintained and on time. This position will be responsible for a variety of projects for which strong conceptual, technical, analytical, financial and leadership skills are required.Responsibilities Include
- Manage and oversee Panasonic business projects related to future production investments, plant and equipment expansion, and manufacturing planning
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic financial and operational goals
- Evaluate feasibility and recommend priority of interdepartmental business process improvements as self-identified or proposed by others
- Serves as project manager or backup for assigned projects: manages agendas/minutes, tracks tasks, issues, and action items, escalates risks and issues as necessary to senior leadership
- Coordinate with Panasonic business leaders to ensure Panasonic objectives are maintained
- Budget control – assess project needs, negotiate with customer, research cost-effective methods
- Supervise and develop special reports for top business division executives
- Leverage creativity and project leadership to advance the business
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5 years or more managing experience in Project Management, or related responsibility
- Demonstrated success in an international business/ manufacturing context
- Master’s degree in Business or Engineering (MBA, MS Eng)
- Business development or contract negotiations capabilities
- Advanced project management experience, including multiple stakeholders and dedicated budgets
- Clear communications capabilities up and down the organization, including written materials for top leaders
- Fluidity with systems from MS Office to project management software
- Ability to walk a good amount in large facility
- Ability to follow safety requirements and procedures provided by the company and its agents.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.