The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for leading a team in a high-volume manufacturing factory setting to develop programs and define improvement activities from initiation through completion with expected benefits. The Manager plays an integral role in directly contributing to the organization’s initiatives by means of execution and accountability. The experienced professional must have a strong technical background and excellent communication skills who is comfortable communicating complex issues at all levels of the organization. Additionally, the Manager is expected to have a “roll up your sleeves” mentality and approach responsibilities with vigor and determination. The Manger must demonstrate excellence in the respective fields, ability to adapt quickly and deliver exceptional results while operating in a high performance culture.
- Strategic development of programs and projects, which involves determining targets, deliverables, and timelines
- Develop a plan and managing to the plan, coordinating and leading meetings, preparing next steps and status reports and working with team members to resolve issues
- Lead and manage multiple, complex work streams within and/or across a program(s) and collaborate with various departments in a non-repetitive role
- Provide support to execute the strategy of continuous improvements key customer and financial metrics by managing key programs and projects, communicating progress, escalating barriers, and clear and timely communication to stakeholders
- Consistent application of project management and governance standards to determine which project management approach and tool(s) are appropriate for different project stages based on the scale and scope of the objective
- Complete work with little to no guidance and direction, where typical assignments have a high to difficult level of complexity which involve unstructured and ambiguous situations
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are critical to this position, as is the ability to successfully adapt to diverse people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues, and complete assignments on time
- Understands Project Management methodologies and principles and possesses strong technical and analytical skills
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to support international program teams
- Demonstrate skills in negotiation and interact professionally with staff and management at all levels
- Assist divisional clients with navigating service requests, and provide escalations as necessary
- Often serves as a mentor both inside and out of regular team members
- Support outside project teams in creating a business case, including cost benefit analysis
- Responsible for comprehensive project management to execute post-merger integration or separation initiatives related to acquisitions and divestitures
- Work extensively with stakeholders and business process owners to coordinate end to end requirements, design, testing, and deployment including change management associated with initiatives
- Assist with leadership presentations and provide input to support the project portfolio and/or resource management processes
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or related field
- Preferred: Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 5-7+ years serving as a program manager or product development lead
- Fearless relationship leadership and conflict resolution skills, with a proven track record of positively collaborating, influencing, and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners including Senior Leaders
- Extensive experience in program management, process improvement in a high-volume manufacturing environment with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully and within a matrixed organization
- History of driving teams to perform and deliver on demanding schedules
- Ability to lead multiple initiatives and manage through change
- Quick and creative learner
- Strong process orientation and analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Team player, comfortable to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border, remote team environment
- Project Management license preferred
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.