The Sr. Production Manager (SPM) is a key player in ramping up and in sustaining our manufacturing activities. The SPM is the owner of the management of assigned production line(s), contributing leadership support to all facets of production and ensuring production goals are continually met. The SPM will use various processes and methods to transform raw materials, components, and parts into finished Lithium Ion batteries. Additionally, the SPM will own responsibility for implementing production manufacturing strategy and strategic operational goals, thereby exceeding customer expectations for product quality, cost, and delivery. Furthermore, the SPM will efficiently maximize and optimize production levels while driving operational excellence. The SPM works closely with internal and external key stakeholders and strives for best-in-class products and business practices. The SPM will drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) across assigned Manufacturing Operations and ensure all projects are delivered with the highest quality standards, while maintaining budgetary guidelines and strict deadlines.
The SPM should inspire, motivate, and mentor staff to achieve excellence, and have the drive and passion to grow self and others. Always strive to be the best version of his/herself and understand the leader is a reflection of his/her team. The SPM should align to and incorporate their leadership style to Panasonic’s Seven Core Principles, contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, and gratitude.
- Ensure that company resources are utilized to sustain safe manufacturing and distribution excellence
- Manage functional production teams to meet manufacturing KPI’s
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth
- Manage continuous improvement in production efficiency, implementing Lean principles
- Coordinate and interact with internal cross-functional teams to fulfill customer and company goals
- Attend Management meetings and provide detailed input on status of production goals
- Other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Knowledge/Safety: Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a high speed/high volume manufacturing, understanding of machine controls and instrumentation, Lean Six Sigma and continuous process improvement experience, ERP transactional experience, 6S experience; strives for an accident-free workplace; keeps safety at the “heart” of everything; treats safety as a personal responsibility and sees oneself as being responsible for the safety of others.
- Work Habits/Leadership: Proven ability of being a strong leader of a production team; ability to help the team ‘connect the dots’ on the business expectations, KPI’s and the importance of their daily role. Able to drive Change Management. Strong communicator, self-directed, motivated and goal oriented. Strong examples of exercising recognition and rewarding team members for behaviors that represent the company’s core values (Panasonic’s 7 Core Principles).
- Initiative/Critical Thinker: Strong problem solver (including root cause analysis); commitment to continuous improvement philosophy. Able to drive Change Management.
- Teamwork: Contributes meaningfully to work group efforts by offering new ideas for improvement; demonstrates a cooperative manner in dealing with supervisors and other team members, does his/her part toward group efforts; works cooperatively with others.
- Flexibility: Willing and able to work any shift assignment in a 24X7 operation; able to pivot in a fast-paced environment; adapts approach as the requirements of the situation change; changes or easily accepts change in organization or job requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science (MS)
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Lean Six Sigma Certification