Panasonic – Sr. Product Analyst - Newark, NJ
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Currently, PCEC has an immediate opening available for a Senior Product Analyst – Communication products (cordless phones and monitoring products) for a full-time role.
This position will assist a product manager who is a category expert and business manager. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of understanding users and markets, gathering requirements from multiple sources and iterating to design products that deliver value across the value chain. Panasonic is the #1 Brand in US and Worldwide landline cordless market. We require product and marketing strategy to keep dominating the competitive market. The ideal candidate will thrive in a cross-functional and collaborative environment and have a deep understanding of consumer electronics and market trends with ideas ready for new products that will change the marketplace.
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion.
- Maintain landed cost file and update on quarterly basis
- Maintain marginal profit file based on distribution update
- Work with Product Manager to negotiate with Japan on quarterly basis for FOB update
- Demonstrate knowledge of different vehicles including marketing execution items
- Assist updating promotional roadmap and communicate with sales team
- Analyze promotional lift in forecast collaborating with SCM and sales team
- Run marginal profit simulation based on PM guideline
- Seek out and apply knowledge of new trends and innovation to identify new products but also opportunities within existing products to improve packaging, retail/online merchandising and other communication vehicles
- Demonstrate knowledge of technical product detail and support sales team and customers
- Ability to demonstrate product functions
- Collaborate with PM and HQ (Japan) engineer & design team to develop a competitive and compelling product.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PSI tied to promotion strategy
- Take ownership of part of PSI preparation
- Monitor category performance on weekly basis to ensure sales volume and profit goals are met
- Demonstrate knowledge of pre-PSI process
- After analysis of POS trend, create recommended forecast based on WOS guideline by PM
- Assist collaboration with sales team closely to understand the sales forecast and accounts situation and support
- Analyze latest POS trend vs sales forecast
- Responsible for continuous improvement of reporting process using digital tools to automate processes
- Follow thru with analysis to make recommendation for business
- Access to POS data system to generate weekly report
- Run NPD data analysis and generate monthly report with key findings
- Update monthly competitive market report by store visit and webpage check
- Identify management information needs, develop non-standard reports and statements when requested
- Collaborate with Japan business unit to ensure timely delivery of high-quality business support
- Work with PM to submit RFA (Request for Approval), and follow through
- Document RFAs and track vs budget to ensure completion and in compliance
- Order and track sample for responsible category
- Work with PM to prepare for the meetings (regular and SKU negotiation with Brick and Mortar accounts) with presentation and samples
- Keeping accurate records of discussion or correspondence with accounts and assist PM to follow up the meeting.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronics industry preferred
- Experience in product management, sales and marketing team preferred
- Advanced MS office skills, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Receptiveness to feedback and a desire to improve, learn and grow
- Train/Coach staffs on process procedures
- Ability to improve / eliminate manual processes
- Strong Excel skill, analytical ability & detail oriented
- Excellent Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed’
- Problem solver – identify areas of improvement
- Agility - ability to move quickly and easily in response to change or challenge
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Communication with merchandising, sales, SCM, finance, engineering team and Japan business units
- Ability to travel up to 15% (may include overnight & some international travel)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.